Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 10:21:22 PM EDT
Somebody has posted a picture of their 870 and it had a green finish. Could you post the pic again and tell me who did the finish?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/870Pr.jpg[/img]

I did the finish myself over the factory fresh parkarizing.   The finish used is from Brownell's and it's their oven cure Teflon/Moly finish.   It's not ultra durable but it's good enough that it will serve my purposes, both the Teflon/Moly and the Alumahyde II are fairly agressive epoxy based finishes but it's not totally impervious to scratches.   I decided to put something on that would be an additional level of protection before getting down to bare metal, I'd rather lose a bit of the teflon moly rather than lose a bit of the parkarizing.

Eventually the teflon/moly finish will slowly wear off, much like bluing will wear off from "holster wear", after the teflon/moly is gone the parkarizing should still be there.

The teflon/moly seems to have more of a flat satin finish where as the alumahyde II seems to have more of a painted finish.   Both are pretty tough but I think Alumahyde II is a little easier to make stick really well, with the Teflon/Moly I prefer to have a rough finish like a bead blasted part or like the fresh parkarizing because I haven't had the greatest luck on really smooth things like the anodized surface of uppers or 30 round magazines.   The alumahyde II I've had little trouble with getting it to adhere properly to a great many surfaces including really smooth anodized aluminum parts as well as rougher finishes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I have a 870 HD Syn and I think green and black will be a nice contrast. I wanted the pic because I am thinking of having ARS, Arizona Response Systems, do the job and I want them to compare your green to thiers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top