Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 8:20:47 AM EDT
On Saturday night, just after midnight, I took me girlfriend down to the beach and asked her to marry me.  I GOT ENGAGED!!!!  I'm very excited.

Please save the negative comments...she makes me very happy and always puts a smile on my face.  Not only are we totally in love, but she's my best friend too.

Had to broadcast it!!!

[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]

[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]

[Edited for bouncing guys]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  Another member to get engaged and marry.  Welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations.

Hope you have a long happy life together.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]
A wise ass remark would be more enjoyable.......but a congratulations is more in order.  Glad to hear you are so happy.  I was to until I did the math on how many guns my wedding was going to cost.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Right on X-Ring, and not just the wedding.

Anybody that thinks getting married is a way to get free sex is in for a very rude, painful and expensive awakening.

I feel I'm pretty luck with the one I got though in spite of it all.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not only are we totally in love, but she's my best friend too.

View Quote

Chimbo -

The "totally in love" thing will pass. Granted, it may take 10-15 years or so, but it WILL pass, or at least fade.

But you mentioned the MOST important part - you are BEST friends. THAT can last you a lifetime, and can IMPROVE with time.

I'm VERY happy for you.

Link Posted: 7/2/2001 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you very much for your kind words.  They are very nice to hear (or read).

X-Ring: I welcome wise-ass remarks, just not the bitter, negative, witless comments.  Fire away!!  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck to you and your current wife!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations, Chimborazo!  Glad to hear she is also your best friend and significant other.

I just had a self-realization after readying your post.  I been thinking that this playboy life with the nice cars and dating different women may not be the life for me.  Seeing different women with no attachments gets pretty risky, if you know what I mean.  I only been doing this for a little over a year, so this wasn't always my lifestyle.  Before that I always had solid relationships with my former girlfriends.  Now that I've been thinking about this, I realize the only best friend(s) I [u]always[/u] come home to everyday are two large furry dogs with slopping, wagging tongues!  Man!  Maybe marriage is in the cards for me.  Just wondering.   [:\]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now that I've been thinking about this, I realize the only best friend(s) I [u]always[/u] come home to everyday are two large furry dogs with slopping, wagging tongues!  Man!     [:\]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
View Quote

And they will never bitch at you,and will always be loyal and faithful.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
another one bites the dust.......

seriously, congratulations man.

does she like guns by the way?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
another one bites the dust.......

seriously, congratulations man.

does she like guns by the way?
View Quote

She enjoys shooting them, and she likes that I carry one.  However, she is paranoid about them being around when we have children.  I'm still working on that part.  When I first met her she was totally anti-gun, so I'm pretty confident I can completely turn her around.

RoadDog:  I was thinking of that old saying last night - The more people I meet, the better I like my dog.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Please save the negative comments...she makes me very happy and always puts a smile on my face.  Not only are we totally in love, but she's my best friend too.

View Quote

I'll have to save this comment for you 10th anniversary and we'll see if the sentiment are true. [:D]

Just kidding. Congratulations!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Marriage. Its not a statement........It is a SENTENCE!! Usually around 5 to 10........[:D]

DK - Congrats!! I think everyone should have to endure it at [b]least[/b] once!!  [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top