Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2001 5:29:05 AM EDT
I'm curious who the first innocent person killed by the FBI was and when it happened. I recall hearing that when FBI agents ambushed and gunned down John Dillienger outside of a crowded movie theater, an innocent bystander, another man, was gunned down and killed as well. Was he the first?

It seems like the FBI has a long history of indifference toward the lives of mere citizens. Probably just write it off as collateral damage.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure these were the first, but the FBI shot a car with three innocent citizens to a tatters at the famous raid on the "Little Bohemia" resort.  I think this was in Minnesota.  As I recall 2 were badly wounded, one killed. The FBI used the media frenzy over the bloody raid, to sweep this under the carpet.

Another scandal broke just a few years ago.  Somebody wrote a book about the famous "Kansas City massacre" in which a number of FBI and local police were killed during an abortive rescue attempt by gangsters.

One of their pals was brought into KC by train.  I believe Pretty Boy Floyd and several others opened fire and killed their pal and the lawmen.  Several of them were executed for this.

The writer of the book proved that the killing was done by an incompetent FBI man.  He borrowed a Kansas Sheriff's 16 gauge Browning shotgun.  When the gangsters showed up, he panicked and accidently shot the lawmen with the auto Browning.

Seems that the Feds concealed the fact at the trial that the dead men all were shot with STEEL BALL BEARINGS.  The dead Kansas Sheriff loaded his own 16 gauge ammo---with steel ball bearings.  The only such ammo there that day.

J. Edgar Hoover, knew another scandal on top of other screw-ups, would likely result in BIG Congressional trouble, so it was covered up.
The gangsters DID come there that day to rescue their pal, and kill anyone who tried to stop them, but they didn't earn the electric chair, for THIS crime.

I can't remember, but I think the book was written by a KC Missouri college professor.
It was rather big news in Missouri, absolutely NO COMMENT by the FBI, (old news, and long ago, don't 'ya know).
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Can anyone tell us:
Who was the last innocent person killed by the FBI?
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell us:
Who was the last innocent person killed by the FBI?
View Quote

I don't recall the details (there wasn't much in the media about it), but I think it might have been a young boy in the San Francisco area a few months back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
John F. Kennedy
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
JFK was innocent??!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top