Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2001 5:26:39 AM EDT
         My Trip to Ohio Bulletfest
 (Creative license taken when necessary...)

By Miss Magnum [:D]

It was a balmy day in Virginia when three AR15.comers set out to make the long trek to Ohio Bulletfest.  The original carpool players numbered three... Ross, 101_proof and Miss Magnum.  Unbeknowst to them, they would experience adversity, copious amounts of alcohol, shed blood, forgo sleep (sometimes involuntarily) and experience some of the finest comaraderie and weapons they had ever known over the next few days.  

Our first "bump" in the road was actually a bolt... and it blew the rear tire of my car.  The real challenge was not changing and repairing the tire but, rather, moving rifles from the trunk to the back seat on a busy highway without drawing any attention. [:D]
[img]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182226[/img]
Ross on left, 101_proof (Dave) on right.

On to the campsite where we stayed Thursday and Friday night.  We arrived at 11pm only to learn that Anti and his wife would be a little late (read: traffic jam, 2 hours late).  We did what any rational adult would do in that situation.  We set up chairs and cracked a few cold ones... and kept them coming until 6am the next morning.  
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182227[/img]

After only two hours of sleep, I was not exactly amused with being woken up.  I think sometimes non-verbal messages translate the clearest.  See if you can interpret this one....
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182228[/img]

More tales from the road to come.... [:D]

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
i hope you had fun! i know i did!

it was a pleasure to meet you, 101 and ross.

everytime i read one of your posts in the future, i'll hear that sweet voice of yours reading the words! ( guys, m.m. has a voice that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room...heheheh!)

the last of the crew finally cleared the range at 11pm...and i am sunburnt, windburnt, footsore, bruised shouldered, generally tired as hell.......and i can't wait to do it again!

glad you made back home safely...see you next year, i hope.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
( guys, m.m. has a voice that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room...heheheh!)
View Quote

I'm coming to the next one, and I'm bring my leatherbound copy of War and Peace for Miss Magnum to read in it's entirety to us all...  Whaddya say Miss Magnum?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It was tops as a social event in my book.  It would be hard to cram that much fun in a weekend again.  Everything from killing that bottle of Wild Trukey with AntiUSSA after everyone else was asleep the frist morning, to the rock climbing, to the shoot itself and meeting even more members than I have before.  It was a great time.  I have always enjoyed meeting people from the boards at shoots, but this one was THE EVENT!  Everyone I met made an impression on me, and I was happy to have the experience.  

I've lost plenty of tires before, and the tire change went well. Still, we were all just waiting for the MD State Police to show up and start asking why we were taking all these guns out of the trunk on the interstate. There was no real service station, so we plugged the hole.  It kept leaking, so we stuffed another plug in the hole with the other one.  Holy Mackeral!  I was just waiting for that tire to blow right off the wheel for the next three hours.  

Still, that proves that there's no way to keep us from getting to a shoot!

Ross
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Judging from all of the pics from you & Campybob, he out did himself and deserves a pat on the back and a atta-boy, everyone in attendance had a good time.

Miss Magnum, your're very pretty, I like your AR too!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#6]
THANKS GUYS..I TRY HARD! BUT REALLY, ANY (DAMN CAPS LOCK! SORRY.) success is due to the nice people that showed up. yes, a handfull of us put in some hours to make this thing go...but honestly, only the support of the crowd that shows up to shoot makes this event the bigtime fun it is!

i had a ball, and thank you all for sharing yourselves with the "gang".

so many machineguns...so little time!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello Miss Magnum!
If I had known you had an AR in that tent, I wouldn't have said anything about you snoring in camp! :-)
Had a ball, I will thank CampyBob on this board too!  THANKS CAMPYBOB!
And using one of CampyBob's quotes "To us and those like us!"
TF
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You east coast guys have all the fun!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
If I had known you had an AR in that tent, I wouldn't have said anything about you snoring in camp! :-)
View Quote

I'm afraid I'll have to claim the fame as the snoring one.  As AntiUSSA and his wife can atest to[:D].  I had my hooch (GI hammock and mosquito bar) set-up in the trees right behind MM's tent.  I was so loud sawing logs that it seemed to eminate much closer than it was.  That first morning, I woke up to find AntiUSSA rolling a log over my face (we were still WAY drunk) and I opened my eyes and busted up laughing because I knew right then that I had been snoring to beat the band!  

Ross
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm afraid I'll have to claim the fame as the snoring one.  As AntiUSSA and his wife can atest to[:D].  I had my hooch (GI hammock and mosquito bar) set-up in the trees right behind MM's tent.  I was so loud sawing logs that it seemed to eminate much closer than it was.  That first morning, I woke up to find AntiUSSA rolling a log over my face (we were still WAY drunk) and I opened my eyes and busted up laughing because I knew right then that I had been snoring to beat the band!  

Ross
View Quote

I'll take that record at the next bulletfest.  Nobody outsnores me.  NOBODY!  ;)
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Miss Magnum;
Let me say it was my pleasure to meet you(even though the first time I got to see you was when you were ripping everyone for waking you up[:D])Sorry. As a matter of fack it was my pleasure to meet everyone over here at AR15 that was at Bulletfest.

The only broblem I had was the shoot was a little "cloudy". I think it had something to do with what happened on Friday night. Come to think of it the whole weekend now seems a little "cloudy". I think that means I had a good time [:D].

Towman

P.S. If the guys and gals over here don't mind I think I'll start hanging around some.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh Man!!! She's pretty...and I'm single![}:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
trust me guy's the pic doesn't do her justice.with that 1000 watt smile of hers,she had all of us menfolk wrapped around her little finger by the time she and the gang left saturday afternoon.mmk
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#15]
what, miss magnet- er, i mean magnum? all's i got to say dude is get in line...
actually, she's quite attractive in person too, from a distance- when the crowd parts. i was gonna say "hi" but i figured, like madonna- or any other suprerstar, she was probably weary of all the attention.
gee, i hope i didn't ruin my chances with all my smartass comments.[:D] i should'a figured fal's were her thing and brought mine. the uzi just didn't cut it.[:(] she didn't notice my revco t-shirt either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Those pictures, yeah, what a doll. I am lucky to have a soul mate you enjoys this stuff too. She has an AK-Shorty. I'm sure you (missmagnum) are making your husband happy and he's lucky to have you.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh!  I forgot to mention (for chronological purposes before I continue) that we had a [i]really[/i] bright idea to let loose with a flare around 3am.  The video is priceless but I would like to publicly apologize to the container truck driver for whatever sphincter-pucker factor our antics produced. [}:D]

On to Friday.... my first experience with rock climbing!!  Thank you soooooo much Tim.  I never realized how much the psychological element comes into play... definately looking forward to getting more into the whole sport.  We also canoed but it was pretty much a blur (except for the Boy Scout troup that requested I "take it all off") as I was exhausted.

By the time we got back, showered and returned to the campsite, quite a few folks had showed up!  

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182229[/img]
101 Proof, Greywolf and Mad Man Kirk
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#18]
man...those guys look hammered!

i know i never get "like that"...honest!

remember...you're all invited back next year to do it again...but greywolf, leave the rum at home, next time. i almost slept thru my own event!

awww...bring it along anyways! i'll just stay up all night! the hangover only lasts a short time...but the vague memories will last thru the years!

jeez, you guys (and gals) are a real riot to hang with! as i said, "here's to us, and those like us!".
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes it was a great time! It was a pleasure to meet you Miss Magnum. Thanks for letting me shoot your revolver and FAL! Hope to do this again hopefully when its a little cooler. I don`t remember the glasses.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't know Miss Magnum is a FALoholic! Of course after her initail smile, I didn't "know much of anything", in particular.
She has a good sense of humor... even when I teased her about sawing logs Fri nite (turned out to be Ross).
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#24]
You noticed I pitched my tent upstream from anti!

Did I see a raft float by??
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://users.javanet.com/~jim1/images/MM.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#28]
First off I had a great time, I met some cool cats while I was there. I didn't get to meet enough people while I was there, hopefully I'll have more time next year.

For chronological purposes I guess it is time for my fishing trip story. First off let me explain

A. Wild Turkey (had way too much)
B. I was seriously pressed on going fishing.

Well guess what Dave's dumbass decides to do??

Yup I went fishing drunk, like it's a suprise or anything since drinking and fishing go hand in hand. You should slowly get drunk when you fish, not slowly fish while you're drunk. Anti told me a couple of times not to to go down to the river but I wasn't having that, "damnit, I'm drunk and I want to fish!" I get to the river, no real problems other than a few bushes in my face, I fish for a half hour or so and don't catch anything. I got bored and decided to go back to camp, I find an easier way up the hill....

trust me it looked solid. I take one step and sink almost to my knee. Being in the intoxicated state that I was in, I counter by trying to swing the left leg to the other side which didnt work so well and the left leg ends up buried to the ankle. Then the whole drunk guy in mud thing comes into play, I was lucky and kept my face out of the mud when I fell.

Moral of the story??? Stop drinking when the sun comes up, and when AntiUSSA tells you not to go down there..... LISTEN TO HIM

101 Percent?????????
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#29]
hey guys, finally got home. will try and get some pics up if i get the film developed tomarrow. hehe, dont get down on yer self 101_proof, from what i hear i was the drunk fool on saturday night(my tounge is still numb from that damn soup). what a blast, cant wait till next year.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Miss Magnum, Congratulations to you and the others for surviving "the anti experience". It looks like you all had a great time. I hope you folks will come back next year, because Kelley and I definitely won't miss it again. Glad to see that you had a good time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
WOW![:O] Miss Magnum, you are beautiful! [:)]I pictured you (and pretty much any online woman) as the typical old, fat and ugly type, but its nice to see someone such as yourself interested in firearms! Too bad I couldn't come(was busy with shaggy's toys here in PA at pasecops house) and see you in person. Couse I would have just been shy as I always am[:(] Just wait until Imbrolio sees you! He's gonna have a heart attack!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#32]

I'd like to see Miss Magnum and Imbrog|io get together.........

[;)]

[img]http://0whome0.homestead.com/files/hugging.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, guy's MM is really that [b]CUTE![/b]

I didn't get a chance to talk to her, probably a good thing though, or she would be telling you about the drolling slack-jawed idiot at bulletfest. [:o)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Hmm.  As that picture of Miss Magnum in the tent was loading, I was expecting a middle finger or something along those lines...  But, I figure that sends the message just as well.

It looks like this one got pretty damn interesting.  [:D]

Glad to see all had a great time and got back okay!

Mike

PS.  MadmanKirk:  Nice pics at your site!

EDITED because I can't spell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I am at a loss for words...
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]
To answer a few comments.. the glasses were from Thursday night (I normally wear contacts), Dave, sorry about the "percent" thing, and if anyone wanted to say "hi" [i]you should have[/i]!!  For the love of Pete, that's what we were all there for!!  [:D]  

Oh... and I am not married and the guy I am involved with was not there so I was on extra good behaviour.... [}:D]

Now.. back to the festivities!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182668&Sequence=1&res=high[/img]

And.. of course.. the SHOOT!!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=7896067&p=51220623&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Some of the men who made it all possible... AntiUSSA, Ed, Ed Sr and Campy Bob.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182222[/img]
Grin&Barrett, Beth and Sam

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51181548[/img]
Five bucks if you guess this one... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Goatboy shooting LEGP #42 complete w/ a Beta-C, Eagle Tac-Sling and topped off with an OKO Sight...

Pay up bitch!  [:D]

FWIW:  Miss Magnum was sleeping in my tent ([i]ALONE -- damn the luck[/i]), and the rifle she is holding is the 2002 prototype...  MM quickly proclaimed it to be hers, since it matched her finger nail polish!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#40]
NO MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooo freakin pissed I didn't make it.  Looks like it was a blast...........oh and critter the only thing Miss Magnum would have you do in her tent is lick up her puke from a long night of partying.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Ya think..?

I had the details man, the details...  Hell, I even know the actual serial number of that rifle!!!  [;)]
BTW:  That's my new sniper rifle ([i]Ruger VLE in 308[/i]) directly behind his feet, along with G&B's new Steyr Scout ([i]Jeff Cooper edition[/i]) and in the background, is my spotting scope on the tripod.

Details, it's all in the details!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Some other memorable moments.... [:D]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51239568[/img]
This guy has some [i]really[/i] cool stuff!!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51239562[/img]
Described by the owner as "the poor man's machine gun.. I was still impressed! [:D]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182931[/img]
Shooting Ross's new Benelli... Recon is right behind me.

This is the link to the rest of the pics... [url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1069148&a=13421520&f=0&sp=1[/url]

Oh.. and as a side note... I [i]know[/i] it was hot out because I got a really good tan.  So good, in fact, that when we stopped at a gas station on our way back to Virginia, some guy in a hooptie with Florida plates yelled at me to "Go home you freakin' raftmonkey!!!" [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#46]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=13421520&p=51182930&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

This would be the pic that got Miss Magnum all hot and bothered...  it's MM busting the cherry of the "LEGP 2002" prototype rifle.  When she was done shooting it, she was panting something about needing a cigarette and a cold shower.  

PS:  It matches her finger nail polish!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
WOW![:O] Miss Magnum, you are beautiful!
View Quote

I'll agree with that. Very lovely lady...

Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#48]
While we can all agree that MM is a beautiful woman, you should have seen her strolling around the campground at 3:00am, wearing her flannel pajamas and in a bit of a restless stupor and suffering from sleep depravation, since Ross was snorring louder than a locomotive immediately behind her tent...  ([i]we could hear Ross over all of the drunken comotion.[/i])

FWIW: She looked as if she was auditioning for the "Blair Witch Project"!

[*] [i]DOH... I know I going to pay dearly for this one![/i]

Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I do believe Striker won the five bucks... doesn't that convert to, like, a kazillion of your currency??  [:D]

And, Anti... that rifle is soooooooooo mine!!! Thanks for letting me pop that cherry!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Miss Magnum;
I hope you don't mind if I download a few of your pics. If you do just let me know. By the way it was a real pleasure meeting you. The next time we wind up at a shoot together I hope you will honor me by shooting that poor mans machine gun [:D]

Mark
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top