Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2001 11:58:15 PM EDT
I am staring at this ad again in the "Shotgun News" from whole sale Wholesale Guns & ammo and these darn AKs are calling my name. They have a Romanian SAR-1 with one 10 and one 30 round mag for $278. The also have a Romanian WASR AK-47 with the thumbhole stock with 3 30 round mags for $238. I want to order one of these but the thought of "do I really need one of these to go with my AR. " Which should I get? I am think of getting the one with the Thumbhole stock and I will probably order some new stock parts from   K-var. I read their stock adds some length to the stock. Will I be able to put this on the thumbhole stock AK. Please help convince me to get one of these rifles.

Six
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
To legally change the thumbhole stock to a standard stock set, you'll need to swap some of the internal parts with US made parts.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I think everyone that owns an AR, should also own an AK...
Then they will we able to see the extreme difference in the guns...
I own 2 AK's, a Roanian WUM-1 and a Norinco MAK-90...they are the ONLY guns I've owned that have NEVER EVER jammed...Not even once...I've seen my buddies SAR-1 jam once in awhile.
Don't get me wrong, my current AR's NEVER jam either, but I have owned several that were jam-o-matics...
I also HAD an SAR-3 AK in .223.
It was very accurate, when it didn't jam...
Do yourself a favor, and spend a couple extra dollars on a WUM-1 or a MAK-90.(Stick with the 7.62X39)
The AK was originally designed around this cartridge.
...Powerful, reliable, EASY to "bump-fire", and ammo is CHEAP.
The difference in quality and workmanship is immense...
Hold both in your hands,and you'll see for yourself...
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If I am getting an AK I am getting it 7.62X39. I want something that will make a bigger whole than my AR. I might even get a 5 round mag and use it for deer hunting this year. If I get a Deer I will take a picture of me with my AK and my dead deer and send it to good old Diane Fienstein. "You dont need one of these to hunt with" That should frost her cookies.

Six
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I went a head and did. I orderd an SAR-1. I have always wanted an AK to go along with my AR.

Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top