Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2001 2:45:58 PM EDT
I had a great time. Thanks to everyone. [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/pic1.JPG[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/pic2.JPG[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/pic3.JPG[/img] [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/pic4.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:56:37 PM EDT
Great pictures. Looks like you all had agreat time....wish I could have been there. Awesome looking range.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:58:56 PM EDT
Thanks Campy for putting on a great shoot. I sure enjoyed it. Got to meet a lot of people from the board. It's great to be able to put a face with a name now. Lookin forward to next year already.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:21:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:33:33 PM EDT
Why cant it be that cool in Canada!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:41:37 PM EDT
Thanks to SWS for the pics...and a BIG thanks to Campy for an AWSOME event!!! As to my goofy standing unsupported form Striker....it provide a very steady sight picture ..looks funny but works well. Give it a try ya might learn something new....AKA don't knock it till ya try it. Karl
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2001 5:55:17 PM EDT by Striker]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:33:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Striker: That shooter in the white shorts in the third pic has one messed up position for shooting standing unsupported. Looks like a great time was had by all.
View Quote
Yeah it does look a little odd, but what the hell it seemed to work for him. That's me and some of my group next to him shooting my Bushmaster. The one below that with the fridge and bowling pins were some of my groups targets. The fridge was quite completely ventilated by the time we left. Hey SWS, I wish you would have introduced yourself. I would have liked to meet some more folks from AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:41:03 PM EDT
For future reference when and where in Ohio is this event? Is it open to anyone? When is the next one? Looks like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:02:55 PM EDT
It was held at the Mapleton shooting club just south of East Canton on S.R. 44. It seems to be turning in to an annual event. It's only "advertised" on the net as far as I know. Full autos and sport utility rifles are encouraged. Open to all shooters. No charge, Campy Bob pays the freight(range rental fee) and donations to off set the cost are humbly accepted. Keep your eye on the events forum.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:46:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2001 2:44:51 AM EDT by KHB]
Guncrazy.....you need to put the next "bulletfest" on the must do list. It was without a doubt an absolute BLAST. I kinda liken it to wine tasting event except its rifles instead of wine. Lots of nice folks and lotsa nice weapons. Its also a great way to learn to really concintrate on the mental aspects of shooting....muzzle blast from all sides and my personal favorite of being pelted by the long strings of 762x39 empties boucning off the hat and back.( uncle buck...was that you??) My only advice...bring ammo...lots and lots of ammo [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:12:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:39:07 AM EDT
I would also like to thank Campy for a great time. I was watching my video (especially of the explosions) over and over when I got home. God must have approved, since the rain stayed away while areas just to the north got soaked. Thanks again Campy and all those who came. Slefelar (brat boy)
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 5:49:28 AM EDT
thank to all those the came! we rocked ohio! the first lightup sounded like d-day! a special thank to "chef lefelar" and "chef chuck" for the assist on the grill! i counted 117 people on the firing line sometimr around 11am...and more drifted in, all day. folks, you MADE this the great event that is was! bulletfest 2001 will go into net history as the biggest and best event of its' kind...ever held!!! and it was all becuase of YOU!!! btw...how many avila's does it take to put out a forest fire?
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:44:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KHB: muzzle blast from all sides and my personal favorite of being pelted by the long strings of 762x39 empties boucning off the hat and back.( uncle buck...was that you??) My only advice...bring ammo...lots and lots of ammo [:D]
View Quote
Wasn't me with the AK but I brought him. Sorry about the brass shower. I knew AK's can throw the brass but that one had to be ejecting over 25 feet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:04:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:27:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Striker: Before you folks draw and quarter me about my position comment I got an e-mail from KHB. He explained where he saw this position and after trying it found it works really well for him. As a former small arms instructor in the forces and a current weapons instructor when I saw the pic I thought..that position goes against all the rules. But as a weapons instructor I should know better too. A lot of experienced shooters have played around with different positions untill they find something that works for them. I was in "train the new shooter mode" when I looked at it.
View Quote
Striker, I'd have corrected it too. All he would need to do is bring is arm in a little tighter to his ribs and I always have people try setting the delta ring between the first two fingers. Keeps your hands off the guards and provides a perfect balance on an unweighted service rifle. If that doesn't work for the shooter...then go back to your old way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:29:39 AM EDT
no problem, striker...you should have seen the poses out there on the line! lol! hmmmm??? what IS the "correct way to hold a 1919 belt fed assault pistol (10" bbl., top front 90° grip, rear pistol grip)??? heheheheh! what weight distribution gives the best bump fire smoothness? can you really control TWO h & k 51's simultaneously...one handing them and holding the buttons down??? offhand shots with the barrett can be problematic, too! lol!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:46:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:58:17 AM EDT
no....they won't allow me near anything that fun! besides...after shooting the pkm (pulemet kalashnikova modernizerei), i can now die having said..."i did it all!". lol! again, i'ld like to thank anti and chuck for assisting with r.o. duties. and what a great bunch of physically fit firefighters we had! i can see all 6'4" of "towman" (ak-47net) scrambling up the berm at full-tilt-boogie to dive into the woods and fight those acidentally set fires! to the firefighters! HOOOHAH!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 10:52:03 AM EDT
uncle buck....no worries..I kinda got a kick outta the "brass shower"...what was cool was when I'd catch a "rainbow" of empties flying over me outta the corner of my eye. As to the junior smoke jumpers.....Smokey the Bear himself would have been proud of you guys!!!! Smokey says: Do your part...help stamp out tracer/incindiary induced forest fires! Campy...I got some bad news for ya...I don't know if everyone can wait a whole year for this to happen again. HINT HINT [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 12:05:34 PM EDT
you really want me dead, khb...don'tcha! lol! two of these in one summer would have me institutionalized! i'm glad everyone had some fun and made some friends...that's what it's all for! god willing, next year we'll all get together and initiate the "newbies" on we have fun in ohio!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 1:29:26 PM EDT
is that miss magnum in the 2nd pic in the green shorts ?
Top Top