Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2001 11:43:45 AM EDT
The BATF lists "molotov cocktails" as an example of an regulated NFA Destructive Device. My question is, is there any legality involving the components to make one? Can we be raided for owning bottles of alcohol and cloth? Is not owning ALL the components of an UNASSEMBLED machine gun the SAME THING? Can an expert enlighten me?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:47:53 AM EDT
A buddy at my reserve station told me his uncle's house was raided by the FBI for making bombs. He told me that the device isn't considered a bomb until it is sealed. Such as both caps on the end would be a bomb. But one cap on it wouldn't be. Not exactly sure. What he said. If using gas in the bottle, could also be considered unnaproved container. Semper Fi Smalls
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:49:50 AM EDT
Then how is a unassembled machine gun, considered an "illegal" machine gun by virtue of have ALL the components in your possession?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:51:55 AM EDT
I've been told that if you have drilled pipe end caps, it's considered a bomb. What bullshit!! Eric
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:55:25 AM EDT
To answer your original question, I have 8 lb kegs of propellant all over the place. I guess if you put a fuse in it, it's a bomb. So...yes, I guess I do have destructive device components.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:02:14 PM EDT
Guys, PLEASE DO NOT describe what bomb making components you might allegedly have. I was making a point about a discrepancy in ATF rulings.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:02:26 PM EDT
[I]"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."[/I] Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, Ch. III, "White Blackmail" Son, you are going to jail.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:12:32 PM EDT
Remember there watching us![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:14:45 PM EDT
Is McGyver's jacknife a destructive device component? [>:/] Semper Fi Smalls
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:37:20 PM EDT
This is always something that kept me away from reloading. If you have the supplies to reload, powder and primers, are you now guilty of owning the ingredients for a bomb?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:26:11 PM EDT
If the ATF raid your house, I assure you that you will have the device...however they need to make you have it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:48:40 PM EDT
I have a toaster on the counter, rubbing alcohol in the bathroom, and dirty socks in my bedroom. [b]Watch Out!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:54:06 PM EDT
How about soap in the bathroom,gas in the car,and eggs in the frig. UH-OH
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:58:57 PM EDT
"dirty socks in my bedroom." Are those, Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical weapons? Sorry,couldn't resist[;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:11:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By platform389: "dirty socks in my bedroom." Are those, Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical weapons? Sorry,couldn't resist[;)]
View Quote
These ones aren't quite that bad. I'd consider them a distraction device alone, but combined with the other ingredients I'm "stockpiling", they're quite deadly. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:29:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 007: How about soap in the bathroom,gas in the car,and eggs in the frig. UH-OH
View Quote
Sounds like Napalm to me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:39:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:45:44 PM EDT
Next thing you know, they will start confiscating baked beans and brocolli...as it causes your body to produce 'methane', which can henceforth be used to create a gas bomb. That's right, YOUR BODY could be ruled illegal! [grenade] [img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2001 3:50:21 PM EDT by libertarian]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io: [I]"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."[/I] Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, Ch. III, "White Blackmail" Son, you are going to jail.
View Quote
Ayn Rand? you must be one of those Libertoon anarchy freaks [bounce] Ayn Rand is one of those anti-government, pro-robber baron capitalist pigs. she hates poor people and would ban charity as we know it. she's nothing more than a poster child for you corporate thugs and pawns. unoriginal copycat lib [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2001 4:03:14 PM EDT by libertarian]
Dont forget strings/cord to convert an AK to full-auto, crap/fertilizer for obvious reason and styrofoam for napalm. i wonder about books with such information. i have a pro-communist activist book called "steal this book" i forgot the authors name, but he was nothing more than a thief with a "radical" marxist bent. there is currently a movie about his life titled "steal this movie". i doubt the film would be interesting. at least the book is usefull to help catch theives in the act by learning their tricks. the books has detailed information on how to manufacture napalm, bombs, and so on. all of course to combat the evil right-wing establishment. this guy gets a movie with no uproar, but if it was an evil "radical" non-marxist i wonder what kind of treatment he would suffer. i doubt you'd be able to rent it at hollywood video. steal this post lib
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:39:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: Do YOU have illegal destructive device components?
View Quote
Ummm....yeah. I'm afraid I do. Broccoli Beef with steamed rice. Add Beer. Let ferment in stomach over nite. Add Huevos Rancheros with hot salsa the following day. Wait till around luch time for a steak and bean burrito. Contain myself from going the bathroom to do number 2. Add margarita's at happy hour with chips and salsa. 24hrs later, I have built the most toxic farts known to man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:52:31 PM EDT
YES I DO !!!. The very powerfull 2 explosive (ready made) are AT ALL THE TIMES in the vevicles that I drive. I DO ignore ALL the warnings regarding the presence of any explosice when I cross all the bridges and tunnels. Also I have been driving or parked at all the so called sensitive locations. The explosiver are known to ignite sometimes by themselves ans can cause serious damade including death. The Government is forcing me to have those explosives.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:57:41 PM EDT
So, owning diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate (fertilizer) is a no-no? How about brake fluid and pool chlorine?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:01:06 PM EDT
What about those brown stripes on my underware? They smell like they could be explosive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:09:25 PM EDT
"My question is, is there any legality involving the components to make one? Can we be raided for owning bottles of alcohol and cloth? Is not owning ALL the components of an UNASSEMBLED machine gun the SAME THING? Can an expert enlighten me?" I'm certainly no expert but I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Certainly weapons grade plutonium in itself is not a bomb, but there isn't much use for it around the house. There are many household chemicals and items which can be made into a bomb or explosives, yet they do have uses around the house. If you have all the unassembled components of a machine gun in you home you can't (ok, shouldn't) use them to clean the house or fertilize the lawn, nor are they used by your plumbing or are parts for your car. They really have only one use. BTW, you don't have to have all the components, a DIAS will do to be illegal. Sure, have soap in the laundry, gas in a can or car and bottles and rags about. I don't think you can get away with a mixture of soap and gasoline in a bottle with a cork by claiming there is a cork in place of the rag.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:31:18 PM EDT
BACK to molotov cocktails... It is illegal in most states to put gasoline in a glass container!!!! BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:35:22 PM EDT
Hell, everybody is a criminal, if this occurs. [b]Napalm[/b] = Gasoline, Oil, and Jelly (or other sticky substance) [b]TNT[/b] = Nitric Acid and Paint Thinner [b]Nitro[/b] = Nitric Acid and Glycerin [b]Dynamite[/b] = Above + Diatomaceous Earth (Oxygen Rich Soil ?) [b]Ammonium Nitrate[/b] = Animal Shit [b]Methane[/b] = Human Shit [b]Plastic Explosives[/b] = Cleaning Fluid and Miscellaneous household chemicals [b]My Personal Favorite[/b] = Ferric Chloride (Etching Acid for Circuit Boards) and Epsom Salt. It will soak up a number of Flammable Liquids just like the stuff that sops up oil and gas. This one does Alcohols. If it stores flammable liquids, it is flammable. Now what about drugs: [b]Methamphetamine (Crank)[/b] = OTC Asthma Medicine, Drano, and Sulfuric Acid. Every asthmatic has the ingridients to create drugs. What about Chemical Weapons: Chlorine Bomb = Ammonia and Chlorox What about poisons: Place a lead bullet in any acidic food for a while and it will become poisonous. What about Biological Weapons: We get sick = We now carry a biological agent. Botulin Toxin = A bad can of Potatos Anthrax = A Sick Cow Oh my god, every American is a terrorist with Biological, Chemical, and other Weapons, as well as poisons and explosives.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:44:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:12:21 PM EDT
Well I have the warhead components to SS20 ICBMs. Is this illegal???[bounce] O.K. in that case I WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA![;D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:34:03 PM EDT
Is PANDORA'S BOX open here? Is this thread a destructive device in and of itself? I dunno 'nuthin'...
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:23:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By libertarian: Dont forget strings/cord to convert an AK to full-auto, crap/fertilizer for obvious reason and styrofoam for napalm. i wonder about books with such information. i have a pro-communist activist book called "steal this book" i forgot the authors name, but he was nothing more than a thief with a "radical" marxist bent. there is currently a movie about his life titled "steal this movie". i doubt the film would be interesting. at least the book is usefull to help catch theives in the act by learning their tricks. the books has detailed information on how to manufacture napalm, bombs, and so on. all of course to combat the evil right-wing establishment. this guy gets a movie with no uproar, but if it was an evil "radical" non-marxist i wonder what kind of treatment he would suffer. i doubt you'd be able to rent it at hollywood video. steal this post lib
View Quote
steal this book was written By Abbie Hoffman its a fun read if i want to laugh at dated stealing tips
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:28:16 PM EDT
Uh-oh. The can says, "It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling". Reading the directions, I think I might have sprayed some bugs not listed. Where do I turn myself in?? [red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:34:16 PM EDT
Whats all this crap on bombs and related material!! That shit should not even be discussed! After everything what has come about since April of 95, you think you would show some restraint. Jesus! We should be concerned with paying the power bill, and reloading some ammo, and having some AR-15 fun, shooting, talking tech and AR related topics. Don't forget this site is not only seen and read in America. I am in Australia, and I just shake my head sometimes. Really! However, its a free country there, and one should be able to express ones self, but lets use some common sense.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:19:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Smalls: A buddy at my reserve station told me his uncle's house was raided by the FBI for making bombs. He told me that the device isn't considered a bomb until it is sealed. Such as both caps on the end would be a bomb. But one cap on it wouldn't be. Not exactly sure. What he said. If using gas in the bottle, could also be considered unnaproved container. Semper Fi Smalls
View Quote
so as long as i keep my nuclear device and my weapons grade plutonioum apart its legal, right?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:49:34 PM EDT
so my hacksaw in the garage and the 12 gauge in the safe is somehow a shotbarreled shotgun even tho the barrel inst cutdown
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 8:55:18 PM EDT
Yes. Currently all of my supplies are stored at my ex-wives houses. Somebody really ought to go there and impound all of my stuff. I will certianly feel better about myself.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:48:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rg00red: 1feral1: Please understand that things in this country are significantly different than they are in your own. If you don't like that we are paranoid about what the BATF can do to us for possession of simple household chemicals, don't come to this site. We Americans, unlike you Australians, have fought for our freedom and are fully intent on keeping it. If you don't like discussions about bombs and other good stuff go to an Australian website where people will be hunted down and prosecuted by your government for talking about nasty stuff.
View Quote
I was speaking my opinion, and I think the topic was in bad taste! We can speak our minds. Don't insult where I come from. It shows your arrogance. I would expect more form an old Leather Neck. As for freedom fighting, Mate we fought side by side in Viet Nam, You served 3 tours of VN, I am sure you have high respect for our troops there, as I do for yours, both then and now. I know of your Khe Sanh (Jan-1968), as you no doubt have heard of our Long Tan (Aug-1966). Australia was born by an election, not a war. In 101yrs we fought the wars of 11 nations, and we fought the Japanese at our doorstep for in the early yrs of the pacific theatre, Darwin netting 65 air raids alone, and the assistance of the USA is not forgotten. Many streets in post war suburbs bear American States and Cities as names. There is even a MacArthur Blvd here. I would never knock your country. I have had the opertunity to visit 47 of 50 states, and both my grandmothers were American (from Detroit and Fargo). I have also exercised with your troops many times over the yrs, both here and overseas. I know about pain, suffering, loss and sacrifice as you do to, and (you for sure more), but don't shit on me for expressing my opinion, Remember its a global village now. The whole world is reading. My beer offer still stands.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:39:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1feral1: I was speaking my opinion, and I think the topic was in bad taste!
View Quote
As the author of the topic, which was "descrepancies of ATF interpretations of the law", I would like to know HOW it was in bad taste? The topic was NOT "How to build a bomb." The topic was "If they can make this illegal, why not this as well?" As Americans, we try and nip this crap in the bud before it get's out of hand. But more importantly, how was the topic I posted in BAD TASTE?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 3:37:57 AM EDT
FOR TYRANNY TO SUCCEED, ALL THAT IS NEEDED, IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING! DEATH TO TYRANTS! TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:12:24 AM EDT
And to think, some people still say SteyrAug has never posted anything of value.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:16:51 AM EDT
Can a Boeing 747/757 be a flying bomb that is outlawed by the ATF or an legal airplane?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:36:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2001 9:29:44 AM EDT by deadeye47]
Originally Posted By lordtrader:
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: Do YOU have illegal destructive device components?
View Quote
Ummm....yeah. I'm afraid I do. Broccoli Beef with steamed rice. Add Beer. Let ferment in stomach over nite. Add Huevos Rancheros with hot salsa the following day. Wait till around luch time for a steak and bean burrito. Contain myself from going the bathroom to do number 2. Add margarita's at happy hour with chips and salsa. 24hrs later, I have built the most toxic farts known to man.
View Quote
[bounce] Hey! Thats my recipe! Now you have put it out in this forum for all to see and copy! Damn it , back to the drawing board! [pissed]
Top Top