Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 10:03:51 PM EDT
I was going to post this in the Equipment Exchange forum but figured that it'd get a bit more attention in GD.  Since I am the first one to post something negative about a company or purchase, I figured I'd be a bit positive for a change.  [:D]

I bought a bunch of magazines from Tommy Haskins / Georgia Precision last week.  

[url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url]

Just 2 comments:

1.  EXCELLENT Products.

2.  EXCELLENT Service.

I've never been happier with a mag supplier.  This guy is top notch !
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant believe you bought stolen goods. Now we have GI`s out there without magazines they need.[:O]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I cant believe you bought stolen goods. Now we have GI`s out there without magazines they need.[:O]
View Quote

WTF are you talking about?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
G. P. is selling 20 rd. Colt mags. The U.S. Military has used the 30 rd. mag for over 20 years. I only used 20's in basic in '75. So even if they were "stolen", no GI is being deprived of needed magazines.
Locally, at Eglin AFB, they have been running ten's of thousands of 20 and 30 pre-ban magazines through a shredder. Then selling the result's as scrap metal. The Air Force upgraded uppers, not lowers, so also somewhere around 20,000 A1 uppers were shredded, or are in the process of being shredded here.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
RipMeyer - ROTFLMAO!  It went over everyone's head.  Bohica - this concerns the GP and MSTN accusations against SAICO - to this day unfounded, disgusting cowardice.

Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
RipMeyer - ROTFLMAO!  It went over everyone's head.  Bohica - this concerns the GP and MSTN accusations against SAICO - to this day unfounded, disgusting cowardice.

View Quote

You mean that SAICO is selling stolen merchandise?  Can you confirm this?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean that SAICO is selling stolen merchandise?  Can you confirm this?
View Quote

Nobody can or will confirm it. It was a bunch of wild accusations, because he had a good deal on some triggers and made GP and MSTN wet their panties.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll just stick with GP.  Great Folk !
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Good plan, RBAD.

For the rest of you: It's a lot easier to call accusations unfounded and spout shit instead of doing any investigating on your own. For those of you that don't remember, I suggest you do what Wes suggested. Contact Knight's Armament yourselves, and ask Brian in sales just where those triggers came from. If you need the number, I'll be happy to give it to you.

You might also note than when confronted SAICO deleted the thread, and only got defensive and cocky about the situation, instead of trying to provide any valid evidence to prove his position. I asked him specifically on the thread RipMeyer posted, and still no response, other than saying "my guy who gets them from the Army..." Yeah, right. See above.

Happy (legitimately acquired) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish that we could either have full disclosure or put this subject of stolen goods and or name calling to bed.  

OSA
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I suggest you do what Wes suggested. Contact Knight's Armament yourselves, and ask Brian in sales just where those triggers came from.
View Quote

I contacted Knight's on Thursday.  It appears that you are correct.  I will ONLY do business with Georgia Precision now.

It's just not worth the risk of purchasing stolen US gov shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess you'd better stop buying USGI mags then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top