Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 7:03:04 PM EDT
I remember how it was.

I remember finding this place, and finding a home. I remember conversations earnest, and heartfelt, and feeling like our words meant a damn... To those who had a will and not a voice.

I remember Zen, and Vass, and many others, who could wax eloquent, and make the rest of us sit back and say "Damn! I wish I could write shit like that!"

I remember long forgotten posts. I remember how Zen went under attack, and I tried to defend, and how he took it the wrong way. I remember how I emailed him, explained myself, and made (I hope) a friend.

Vass, I beg of you, give us some of the old stuff. I need it, we all need it. We will probably never see Zen around here again, so please, just do me one favor, one little fucking favor, and give us something good, something like the old days. Something like this:  
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Let's talk about the Big A here for a second.

Accountability.

I am not 18. I was once. When I was, I was extremely responsible with firearms. Some people are not.

That is not my problem, nor is it my responsibility.

I am sick and tired of having things taken away from me because of the actions of others. Rules are made because some fools can't handle thier freedoms. Some people use firearms to commit violent crimes.

Again, this has nothing to do with me.

I don't care what excuse you want to use. You can say society has changed. You can say people aren't as responsible as they once were. Anything you want to say, it is up to you.

But it still has nothing to do with me.

You can wring your hands, and pound the table, and cry into the night, why why why are these bad things being done by people.

These things have nothing to do with me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try to legislate, you can restrict the rights of all because of the actions of a few, you can make that which was legal and sensible illegal and unreasonable.

This has everything to do with me, and I resent it.

I am going to say this once, and I want you to listen because I don't want to say it again:

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TWISTED MALADJUSTED CHILDREN. I HAVE NO HAND IN THE PERVERSION THAT HAS BEEN WROUGHT BY YOUR DEFECTIVE LOINS AND LAZY PARENTING. I AM NOT THE REASON YOUR CHILD IS ON PROZAC, AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PONYING UP THE DOUGH TO HELP PAY FOR SOCIAL PROGRAMS TO STUDY WHY LITTLE JOHNNY IS A SICK SON OF A BITCH. IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE OUT WHY LITTLE TAYLOR IS SUCH A WALKING DISASTER AREA, TAKE YOUR FACE OUT OF YOUR TRENDY NAMES FOR THE MILLENIUM BABY BOOK, PUT DOWN THE CREDIT CARD STATEMENT FROM GAP KIDS, GET OFF THE PHONE WITH THE TEACHER YOU ARE YELLING AT FOR DISCIPLING YOUR HELLSPAWN, AND LOOK IN THE MIRROR. IT IS YOU.

I am TIRED TIRED TIRED of having other peoples problems distort my life. I catagorically REFUSE to let you tell me that when I have children, that they have to be barred from certain freedoms I grew up with BECAUSE YOUR LITTLE BUFFY GOT COKED UP AND SHOT UP A SCHOOL.

Further, for you you pathetic spoiled rotten baby boomer bastards......

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR POOR ACTIONS. YOUR GENERATION AS A WHOLE COULD NOT HANDLE THE FREEDOMS THEY WERE GIVEN. BECAUSE OF YOU WE HAVE DRACONIAN DRUG LAWS THAT PERMEATE FAR BEYOND ANTI DRUG EFFORTS BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T TAKE THE STRAW OUT OF YOUR NOSE FOR 5 MINUTES WHEN YOU WERE DOING BLOW OFF THAT HOOKER'S THIGH. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FUNDING YOUR RETIREMENT THROUGH SOCIAL SECURITY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING YOUR CHILDREN FEEL SPECIAL JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY ARE. I AM NOT BEHOLDEN TO YOU SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A STRESS DISORDER THAT KEEPS YOU IN VALIUM AND CRACK AND UNABLE TO WORK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHANGE OF HEART YOU HAD IN THE 70'S WHEN YOU DECIDED THAT "GEE. MAYBE MINORITIES ARE PEOPLE." YOUR GUILT IS NOT SOMETHING I SHOULD PAY FOR BECAUSE GUESS WHAT?? I HAVE NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE THOUGHT OF PEOPLE AS ANYTHING MORE OR LESS THAN WHAT THEY ARE...PEOPLE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LATENT FEELINGS OF RACISM THAT YOU TRY TO ASSUAGE BY THROWING MY MONEY AT IT. IF YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY AT IT, GO AHEAD. KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF MINE.

Whew.

Let's get this out in the open. I have NO responsiblility to you. I have no responsibility to "the community" or the "global village" beyond not harming anyone else. I don't care what you do. DO coke every day if you want. SPEND all your money on humungous status-creating SUV's. PISS away the retirement fund on huge vacations and beauty pagent lessons for Morgan. I don't care. Don't own a firearm. I DON'T CARE. Rely on others to protect you. I DON'T CARE. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT TRY TO MAKE ME LIKE YOU.

And when little Johnny rolls up to my place looking to hurt me or my family because he needs some cash for a Sega Dreamcast and was just basically "bored", don't come crying to me when I park a slug in his warped brainpan.

You should have spanked him more.

One last time...You are NOT special. Your CHILDREN are NOT special. You owe me nothing, and I owe you less. So leave me the hell alone.

Sorry about the rant, I just can't take it anymore.

Vass

View Quote

Damn! I wish I could write like that!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.
Worded perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey GovtThug, I saved that post by Vass too!!!
I made a few copies, put my name at the bottom (with Vass's permission of course) & gave them out to a few choice people. Talk about some strange reactions. I also sent a copy to the local newspaper but they refused to print it without major editting. [}:D][}:D][}:D]

Good to seed you back Vass!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top