Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 5:05:08 PM EDT
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/6/27/191414.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess we should all use Credit cards then, right?

Or maybe the new Digital Angel chip.

Better rent your house, so they don't seize your property.

Don't own your car, or they take that if you get caught in a prostitution area.

Yep, use electronic payments and don't own anything.

Hey, that's exactly what they want.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey G.S., good to see you are back!!

Give the "[i]Law Enforcement Officers[/i]" a break.  They are only doing their job.  Anyone who carries cash around must be an evil druggie anyway.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Our government is EVIL!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't that article considered cop bashing?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm too broke all the time anyway so I don't worry about carrying large amounts of cash. I get nervous carrying more than $40. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Good thing you guys warned me, I almost went to the airport with 600 large........... Like no one else carries around that type of money, traveling with no luggage, and say they are "between" jobs. Next time I get the urge to fly around with a steamer trunk full of money I'll think back to this post.

On the other hand 39K and proof of where it came from. As Sheriff Taylor would say "shame, shame". That is more or less institutionalized robbery.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
This is an example of why Americans need to be armed, to stop these scumbag wild dogs in their tracks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone else smell boiled frogs?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes sir re, this is why the 2nd Amendment and a militia of the people themselves!

Do to these scum as one would do to mad dogs and englishmen!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember things like that happening at the border (mexican). I wonder if they are still giving out pamphlets that give you a nice checklist of ways to determine if someone (your neighbors, family...) are doing things suspicious enough to warrant a call to the proper authorities - sure cleared things up for me [:o]. Personally, I like to pay for many things in cash (close to a thousand bucks one time), ex. at Costco, I don't use a CC or check, and I believe I may have made a mistake with some of that personal info on my application [;)]. When I buy a $600 postal money order, I'm waiting for the US POSTAL SWAT team to crawl out from all the boxes and trashcans they have in there and take me down [sniper].
p.s. man, these smilies are fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top