Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 10:19:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Two thumbs up for the potential customer!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My only concern -- and yet to be realzed -- with the Glock is lack of second strike capability.  It's my only pistol without it.

-- Chuck
View Quote

Ask the 1911 people if the lack of second strike capability bothers them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Glock's have accidentally discharged without having a finger in the trigger. These incidents usually involved cops that stowed their Glocks in their waistbands. Bunched up clothing works it's way into the trigger well and they end up shooting themselves in the thigh while pushing their Glocks into their pants. I think these guys are mostly over wieght requiring more force to push it under their belts. And if their triggers somehow hangs on loose shirt tails, BAM!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If it didn't go on hit #1 what would make it go with the "second strike"? Really if you want to hit it a second time the slide only had to move about 3/8" to reset the striker. A better procedure is probably TAP, RACK, and BANG, if still neccesary.

I know that police officers had accidental discharges with revolvers. Could it be that the older cops were WWII veterans and maybe had WAY more experience being armed and under stress??

Could it be that AD's are more likely to be reported today as oppossed to 30 years ago, assuming no one was hurt.

Could it be that tactics have changed? Police draw weapons in situations where they feel that use of deadly force may become neccesary. In the old days they used to say "If I have to pull my gun it's because someone is about to be shot".

Glocks are like any other quality weapon know how they work and how to use them and you'll be fine.

And Glocks don't have slide releases either. (they are slide stops, you are supposed to release the slide by grasping it and pulling back, then releasing your grip so the slide goes into battery.)
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glock's have accidentally discharged without having a finger in the trigger. These incidents usually involved cops that stowed their Glocks in their waistbands. Bunched up clothing works it's way into the trigger well and they end up shooting themselves in the thigh while pushing their Glocks into their pants. I think these guys are mostly over wieght requiring more force to push it under their belts. And if their triggers somehow hangs on loose shirt tails, BAM!
View Quote

And the clothes de-activated the trigger safety? The trigger guard is kinda large, so it shields the trigger quite well. Maybe they are wearing UN clothes that are anti-gun [;)]

When I carried a S+W I would drop the safety to reholster, and put my thumb over the hammer. That way the trigger should be de-activated, and if ti wasn't hopeflly I would feel the hammer move and be able to "freeze" before test firing the gun inside the holster.

The problem may be that people are unconciously putting their finger on the trigger. It's like shooting instructors say you should be surprised when the gun goes off... well I'm sure tha't not exactly what they meant.

You also have to pull the trigger to disasamble a Glock. Some people skip the step before that, MAKE SURe THE GUN IS CLEARED. That may also be part of the AD problem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top