Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 1:15:10 AM EDT
Eminem was sentenced to one year probation for illegal concealed carry and brandishing, along with a stern lecture from the judge.  He probably laughed all the way to the limo.  Puff Daddy (or P Diddy--or whatever), was acquitted due mainly to circumstances.  Could this be the reason the antis say gun laws are inadequate?  There is zero tolerance for a child in school drawing a picture of a soldier with a knife and a rifle, but real criminals are set free to continue on with their lucrative careers.  Have I become so cynical that I believe that an average working man would be seeing the inside of a jail cell by now for the same charges?

I have finally come around to the realization that the antis don't want full enforcement and aggressive sentencing because they just might work and that would derail the ultimate goal.  Not a word was said by the news media or the  entertainment industry to condemn the illegal possession and use of firearms by their own kind.  The hypocritical hollywood anti-gun types continue to use firearms and the depiction of violence in their films in order to further line their pockets and then turn out in support of the liberal elite politicians who, in some cases, run ONLY on the issue of gun control.  I have zero tolerance for the bullsh*t.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree with your fustration 100% as there is obviously a double standard.  However, I really don't consider just carring a pistol without a CCW a real crime even though it is illegal.  Here in Cali it is near imposible to get a CCW and I may some day be faced with this charge[;)].

I also think that the liberals really don't want the laws enforced as much as they just want all the guns to go alway.  That way we will be unarmed at a later date.

Just my .02 cents worth

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, as far as I know you wouldnt be in too much trouble, to the best of my knowledge its a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey, as far as I know you wouldnt be in too much trouble, to the best of my knowledge its a misdemeanor.
View Quote

That's what I hear.  But I don't plan to get caught...but ya never know.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
What does one expect in a society that creates baby killers and killer babies (Texas killer mom, and Rottenf***ingchester, NY 6 yo killing little brother with baseball bat).  I pray to God that he sends down his heavenly hoste and bitch slap all these cretins to eternity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top