Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 7:09:21 PM EDT
I had a Subscription to guns and ammo and for some weird reason only 1 out of my whole years subscription that came thru. I went to the post office to complain. the next year I subscribed again, but this time some actually did make it thru! only 3 - 4 months late! and someone was even so nice at the post office to take a black marker and write some real nice things, the best one I receiver so far had "discontinue your subscription and donate the rest of the money to battered women".

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You can go tomyour post office and file a compliant.There is a law that says it must be delivered in a timely manner.If your losing that many it has to be your local office.go talk to the postmaster and get a investigation.This is theft and postal inspectors dont screw around.Take the mag that was written on.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I get a lot of my gun stuff late. It's mostly a nusince, except for when I miss out on a good deal because of it.
Sounds like you have a mental patient reading yours.[%|] [bd]
Eric
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the USPS does some strange stuff with the mail.  My mail carrier is a gunner, and I think he keeps my gun magazines for a few days, and reads them before he delivers them. He does deliver them, though.  My UPS area guy is also a gunner, and he is very good to get stuff to me ASAP.   [:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If your going to erase the problem please use anything but a firearm. Try a Rosie doll down the windpipe of said PO emp
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
You can go tomyour post office and file a compliant.There is a law that says it must be delivered in a timely manner.If your losing that many it has to be your local office.go talk to the postmaster and get a investigation.This is theft and postal inspectors dont screw around.Take the mag that was written on.
View Quote

Naote that this guy is from Canada, so he may not have the same recourse available to us. Given the anti-gun attitude prevalent in Canada, this sort of behavior is probably not only tolerated, but encouraged.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You're in fucking canada for christ sakes! What do you expect!

Make sure you flush twice...it's a long way to Quebec.[moon]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1572014&a=11962006&p=51087241&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN.....
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
DO FILE A COMPLAINT. And talk to the postmaster. Make certain he understands YOU want to determine who tampered with and defaced YOUR mail. If your lucky you can cost some dyke feminazi her cushy government job.

It's feels goddamn satisfying, trust me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DO FILE A COMPLAINT. And talk to the postmaster. Make certain he understands YOU want to determine who tampered with and defaced YOUR mail. If your lucky you can cost some dyke feminazi her cushy government job.

It's feels goddamn satisfying, trust me.
View Quote

No, not like Steyr has any personal experience with "dyke feminazis" in government jobs.  He's speaking purely out of hypothesis...yeah.  What ever happened to that Eee-vil butchdyke anyway?

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably working as a nanny for Paula Poundstones kids since her arrest. Seems she has some free time on her hands.

From what I heard it wasn't pretty, lot's of crying, followed by screaming, followed by accusations, followed by threats, followed by being forcibly removed from the premises and threatened with official action if she persisted in the dumb stuff.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1572014&a=11962006&p=51087241&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN.....
View Quote

LOL!!! Oh God my side hurts I'm laughing so hard!!![:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On second thought - don't mess with the post office - you don't want to upset them as most of them are close to the breaking point anyway.
View Quote

"Guns don't people...Postal workers do!![sniper]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
"If your lucky you can cost some dyke feminazi her cushy government job."

Although this happened in Canada, it would stillbe difficult to determine exactly who did it here.

The Main Post Office/Sectional center where I work is 5 acres under roof.  There are 795 women working on my shift alone.  4000 employees in entire facility.

Unless they do it over and over again, of course.

BTW, Steyr, there is nothing "cushy" about working in mail processing, at all.  You don't wear gloves and steel toe boots at cushy jobs...

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SteyrAug, you don't have a clue about the postal system.  Like most folks, they try to do the best job that they can; if not for their own self-image, then certainly so's not to be criticized by their fellow employees for being a slacker.  Please don't paint with so broad a brush, and keep your prejudices to yourself.  
To my knowledge NOBODY in the USPS is stupid enough to willingly delay or deface someone else's mail.  Almost always the problem is some sort of mistake, either on the customer's end (usually) or an understandable, and unfortunate, clerical error.  NOBODY wants the mail to go through without any hassles more than the USPS employees.  Why would someone jeopardize such (as you call it) a "cushy job"?
View Quote

Settle down Clavin!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Heh! I once had a subscription to Shotgun News..they kept sending it..I never got it..finally I did a little investigation..made some complaints...it turned out that my Mail man was VERY interested in Shotgun News...

Needless to say after several formal complaints..I suddenly started to get my copy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top