Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2001 7:59:07 PM EDT
Great for both short range CQB and for longer distances, this Vmatch packs a wicked punch! The illuminated 1.5 - 5X Leupold Vari X III scope functions perfectly as a close quarters optic when set at the 1.5X magnification level and with the illuminated reticle adjusted to the high setting.   For longer to mid range precision shots, use the 5X setting.

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192238&a=11582044&p=41002275[/img]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
And the Lifetime Leupold warenty, you nailed it this is a great setup, good glass is worth alot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at that, and thought the same thing. I haven`t found a price on it though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
cool gun - i did almost the same but with a trijicon tr21 on my '6751'

steve
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
what's on the bottom of the mag? mag pull, never heard of it.
just curious.
colt
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I kind of owe it to PAUL - he gave me the inspiration for this with his photo, website,  and detailed explanation of how well his ATN 5X scope works on his Armalite.   I wanted that 5X power, but hated the though of being limited to using the rifle with a fixed power, especially since I was used to having my Aimpoint Comp M-XD on it all the time.  

Biggest worry was if the whole thing would come together correctly.  Didn't know if I had the right ring height, if the front sight would pose too much of a ghosting problem or obstruction of field of view, etc. .

If I could do it again, though, I might get the German #4 reticle with illuminated cross hair and the ARMS quick release lever rings like PAUL has on his rifle.  The QRW rings are nice, but are only .98" high.  I could use even 1/16 more of height to great advantage.

Link Posted: 2/15/2001 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW:  Magpuls - www.magpul.com    

I know good sources for scopes and magpuls and rings if you need them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
The only thing that rifle needs is a trigger guard and someone to take it shootin'

Cong
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah - what happened to the trigger guard??!?
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The best optics I ever put on an AR was a Beeman 1.5-4x TINY variable. I kick myself for not holding onto it. Anyone have a line on one, by chance?
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish this were the selected model for the group purchase instead of the wannabe model and the words:

Free illuminated 1.5 - 5X Leupold Vari X III scope included with every purchase.

It could happen!
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#12]
The trigger guard accidentally go edited out when I was working on the image in Photoshop, but the rest of the rifle is as exactly as depicted in the picture.

Was trying to take a picture through the reticle, but it was pitch black out last night and the flash on the digital camera kept going off.  Will try again when there is some daylight.

Link Posted: 2/16/2001 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I may be showing my ignorance here, but on that scope, it would seem it requires you to close the other eye to get a good picture, which would not lend itself to CQB very well, I would think.

Is it possible to use it with both eyes open?  

Thanks in advance!

Bill
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Your right but I was wanting it for scoped work.
A red dot would be much faster. This could be used either way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Closing the front lens cover and turning on the reticle will allow the user to have both eyes open.  This method will invoke the "occluded eye" gunsight effect.  One eye picks up the illuminated crosshairs, the other eye picks up the sight picture and both eyes are open.  That way you maintain peripheral vision on both sides of your head.

Also at 1.5X eye relief range is so generous and forgiving that it is extremely easy to acquire the scope's field of view image, even if you are pumped and shaking with adrenaline.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top