BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Very seldom do I make generalizations about the board but I am very disturb at the hypocrisy of you guys. We all come together and bitch about injustice, and how the media creates a media feeding frenzy. I remember a few days ago every news agency reporting about the sniper in the crane.  Well as we found out no sniper or gun, just a crazy guy who took his own life, not very sensational after all. As the press now has to fight for it’s rating share and to be the network to brake the story, we find that the news is not always true. Before we hang this woman from the highest tree, tar and feather her and stick bamboo shoots under her nails, lets let a court find her guilty.

If it is true never mind about our joy in GETTING ONE OF THEM lets remember the tragic consequences to these children.
Craiger  
View Quote

You're right.  Either way the kids will be traumatized.  And I missed that completely.  Shame on me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ms. Poundstone will no doubt receive a fair trial from a fair and impartial members of a jury that will be, in part, picked by her lawyers.

That's all the 'right to a fair trial' means. It doesn't mean that the general public must put away their thoughts, prejudices, etc., on the subject until and unless she's convicted of the crimes.

Since I don't live in Santa Monica, nor reside in California, it is very unlikely that I will be a citizen in the jury pool for her case.

Accordingly, I say the bitch is guilty.

Does THAT mean that she's guilty? Hell no, it just means I believe her to be guilty and I can SAY it!

That's all.

Eric The{Let'sNotMakeThisMoreDifficultThanItIs)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Her manager actually left a message on the Paula Poundstone web site explaing how "talented people need more latitude than the common man".

I wanted to puke.

We are also supposed to watch for her on HBO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Eric:

We're supposed to be the right-wing "law-and-order" guys.  That means we're supposed to respect the law no matter who is charged with what.  It's tough, but nobody said freedom was easy.  If we're not willing to live up to the requirements of civil behavior, why should we expect it of others?

Hielo:

I haven't seen the comment you referenced, but it's absolute bulls*&t.  The whole idea of the United States is that EVERYBODY has the same rights and responsibilities - we're ALL "Common Men".  I'm with you [puke].
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
"Anti-Gun Lezbo Comedian ARRESTED !"

YEA!!!!And there was rejoicing. Another silly voice driven into the void of insignificance thru their own misdeeds (hopefully).  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have ABSOLUTE FAITH that this will be resolved as fairly and and in the same satistfactory manner as the Michael Jackson child molestation investigation/case.
View Quote

No Way...  She doesn't have THAT MUCH CASH! (to pay off the vile profiteering folks of the victims)
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if she would be fair and open minded  sitting on a jury that was listening to evidence about a gun owner, that used a weapon to defend himself? NOT
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Is she guilty or innocent?  Don't care.  

Is she an antigun liberal eggsucker?  Yes.  

That's enough for me to at least fire a bunch of rubber bands at her picture in the paper.  As an added bonus, a picture of Martin Sheen from TV's "Left Wing" was next to hers.  I used rubber bands because it is against the company rules to bring firearms and discharge them on company property.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top