Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2001 12:55:05 PM EDT
Written by an unknown author:

"I'm an American . . .

I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally pretty women.  I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.  I don't care about appearing compassionate. I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.  I think I'm doing better than the homeless.  I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.  I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad.  This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.  I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa.  But if you want to that's fine; just don't feel like everyone else should have to.  I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English.  As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will.  Get over it.  I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop.  If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.  I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.  I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is" -- ever.  I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or anything else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.  I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.  I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.  I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.  I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light.  But I respect your right to. I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.  I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package. Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said -- now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

(continued in first reply)
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't hate the rich. I help the poor. I know wrestling is fake. I've never owned, or was, a slave and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots -- and remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too -- it was wrong for every one of them.  I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.  I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend"  Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.  [b]I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.[/b]  I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.  I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male.  If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime. We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.  I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child -- it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt  and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.  I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.  I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right.  I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting   somebody's feelings.  I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.  Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American.  But that's tough.

Unknown"
[%(]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Amen Vent, Ive been a Ted fan since I was 5yrs old. Im now married with 4 kids and my kids love his stuff.

Melvin
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone should send Ted a camera and tickets to Hedo3 so he can do some edjucatin.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be fun to be with a liberal or politician if they would read this. Then when they roll their eyes up or make some intellectual remark on a liberal bent, then kick their ass up between their shoulder blades, and tell them its not a hate crime, we just don't like you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
NOT WRITTEN BY TED NUGENT!

[url]http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/blbadamerican.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Comments:   As of this writing (mid-2001), versions of this paean to political incorrectness have been floating around for at least a year, variously attributed to George Carlin, Ted Nugent, Denis Leary and others. Its actual author is unknown. Carlin recently disavowed it on his  Website. A variant ran in Nugent's Adventure Outdoors Magazine in early 2001, but the politically outspoken rock star did not take credit for it and other versions had already been posted on the Internet well before that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay.  Sorry about that, but the message is still a provocative one.  I'll remove references to "The Tedster" and let the thread run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top