Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2001 9:48:18 AM EDT
Saw some SEAL show with some dude saying he shot m60's until the barrel was white hot and you could see the bullets traveling down the barrel...UH...seems a little starnge, that the brightest I have ever seen steel was red/orange, and it happened to be melted.  
I don't mind exaggeration, but come on...
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was in the army one time we needed to burn off some tracers and I fired 120 tracers on three round burts as fast as I could pull the trigger and reload(pretty fast.) I looked down and through the handguards and saw by barrel in an orange and white color kinda freaked me out but i cleaned the rifle and qualified expert the next day....this was my rifle that had the lower marked black unicorn.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#2]
New army barrels amde from tungsten!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't the barrel getting [size=3]THAT[/size=3] hot ruin the temper of the steel?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the barrels aren't made of steel?  You know, alien technology.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top