Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you get the slings? (I'll put the right color shells in them.)[;)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Gus/Urbanrifleman:

It's mostly a Norinco copy of Remington 870 that I got for $119 from a local sporting goods store.  It came originally with 28" vented barrel, ugly wood stock and with 6 shot magazine. I had the original barrel cut to 18 1/2" and most of the internals were replaced with spare Remington 870 parts I had (it seems most Rem 870 parts fit right in except the barrel).  The stock is Choate polymer for Rem 870 that I got at a gunshow for $15.  The fore stock was a little smooth so I put a big piece of skateboard tape for traction.  I added 6 round Sidesaddle recently.  Originally the action was pretty rough but with Rem parts and from usage it is very smooth now.  

It's not pretty and doesn't look "cool" but it works perfectly and all for about $160 invested I have nothing to complain about.  I still have 3 more of these Norincos in original configuration to play with.    

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HighlandMac
Absolutely the Bennelli!!! if you want an autoloader that is the only gun to have!! smooth as silk action, the fastest action in the world capable of up to 5 rounds per second!!! Undoubtably the best you can get.  

And who the hell want to shot 5 rd in one second? You know how bad the kick on that is going to be. You'd be on your ass by the third shot.
View Quote

i don't know about 1 second, but i can empty my 5rnd. gun as fast as i can pull the trigger (quite fast) AND keep all of my rounds on target at 25yds. i'm 5/09 170lbs.  i was out shooting just last night, and i've never been put "on my ass". immodesty is a vice, but i can engage 5 targets spaced at 6ft apart at 25yds in the time it takes my pal to get his sights on the third with his "work" mossy 590 entry gun. nice to know i can do it if i have to. all i need to do is point and pull the trigger, just like an ar. thats' why i got it.

racking the slide does boost your confidence, but it also lets them know where you are.

BENELLI RULES!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, since we are all in the great Benelli love-fest, I have a question.

I have a M1S90, but would like to get a shorter stock installed. (Hey, I've got stubby arms!) Does anybody know of anyone that sells them? (Do the Berretta 1201 stocks fit? It sure looks like it - and if so, does anyone stock them?)

Thanks

Jim

(Oh, and has anyone shot a 1201 and a M1? Just wondering what the thoughts were on the differences between the two, if any.)
View Quote

i was at the gunshop last week and the owner showed me an m1s90 that a local cop has brought in to have the stock CUT DOWN. short guy+ body armor= too much stock. so, i guess it can be done.

as far as i know the reciever (internaly) and bolts on benelli/beretta are identical.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

...Absolutely the Bennelli!!! if you want an autoloader that is the only gun to have!! smooth as silk action, the fastest action in the world capable of up to 5 rounds per second!!! Undoubtably the best you can get.  

And who the hell want to shot 5 rd in one second? You know how bad the kick on that is going to be. You'd be on your ass by the third shot...
View Quote

Yes, it really will dump 5 rounds in a second. No, it will not put you on your ass... Honestly, the kick is not that bad (unless the above is attempted with slugs; having tried I advise against it [;)] ) Get in an aggressive shooting stance, with a little more forward lean, and lean in as you fire. It can be done. Demonstrations given with my Benelli M3 Super 90 at the upcoming Fourth of July Tennesse Black Rifle (and autoloading shotgun) Group Shoot!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just a little overexposed to me.  It's all personal preferrence.  I used to work in a photo lab and I would go 1 shade darker, but good pic anyways.
View Quote

I agree. I lightened them up a bit with software, but when I did it I was using a laptop and LCD screen. It definately looked brighter when I looked later on a monitor. Oh well, I'll take some more when a few more toys arrive over the next couple of weeks and they should be a little better. I'm still a digicam newbie. I also noticed that all of my gun pics that I did the editing to now look kinda purple. Strange....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top