Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/26/2001 7:51:37 PM EDT
Paypal online transaction systems discriminates against gun owners. > >So long, Paypal. > >from Angel Shamaya >KeepAndBearArms.com > >June 25, 2001 > >The now famous Paypal system for transferring funds online with reduced >risk of having your credit card number nabbed boasted over $2 Billion in >transactions as recently as April of this year. They've been written up in >such illustrious magazines and periodicals as Investor's Business Daily, >PC Magazine, CNET, Time, Esquire, ZDNet, U.S. News, the Wall Street >Journal, Business Week, the Washington Post, and many more including both >the Associated Press and PBS broadcasting. > >And now it's time to nuke them. > >They've taken a stand against the free and full expression of the right to >keep and bear arms, and they must die. > >You can turn to the "Prohibited Goods and Services" section of their >website and scroll down to where you'll find the following statements: > >"Firearms/Guns/Explosives > >"Shopkeepers who sell firearms or explosives will be disqualified from >listing in PayPal Shops. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or >similar) projectile is covered by this policy. Exceptions to this rule >include collectible, curio & relic, and antique firearms, as well as >archery supplies. > >"Firearms-related items that are not permitted include silencers, >converters (any item which can convert a firearm to have automatic >capability), short barrels, and kits (any kit that can be used to create a >firearm). High capacity magazines and ammunition with propellant cannot be >listed. Blank ammunition is not allowed. > >"There is Federal and state laws requiring that replica, "look alike" and >imitation firearms have clear markings permanently affixed to the weapon. >This law applies even to novelty items, such as cigarette lighters that >are designed to look like firearms. All look-alike items of this nature >listed by a PayPal Shopkeeper must comply with the law." > >Okee dokie, Paypal. If you say so. > >If you have a Paypal account and would like to cancel it, hop over to >their contact page and do so: >http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general. If you were >thinking of setting up a Paypal account and are now reconsidering, let >them know all about your position. Then pass this message on, far and wide. > >If you're not the letter writing type but are willing to use a pre-written >letter, perhaps the following will assist you: > >Dear Paypal, > >I just found out about your policy of prohibiting the sales of >constitutionally protect items (firearms) within your Paypal system -- >proving yourself to be yet one more entity unworthy of my business, time, >attention and money. Should you change your policy, feel free to let me >know. Otherwise, you're in my rearview mirror permanently. > >Please don't bother sending excuses. I have no ear for people who make it >that much harder to exercise the constitutional right to keep and bear >arms, whatever their unAmerican sub-justifications may be. > >Goodbye. > >Sincerely, > >----------------------------- > >Source: www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2141 > >
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:00:54 PM EDT
THE 2nd or do you care?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:05:13 PM EDT
Why do we give $$$$ to those who F---- us?
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:24:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:35:24 PM EDT
Before you do that, talk to Eric the "Ammoman" first. He uses paypal all the time with his customers, so ask him about it before you 86'em. I have no problem giving paypal the boot, but lets make sure by checking w/firearms distributers first.
Top Top