Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 5:13:54 PM EDT
Are there certain products to stay away from using on parkerized or matte finished guns? I know there are but what are they?
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not a moderator, but this question would be best posted in the Maintenance section.

FWIW, I was told CLP was great for the parkerized steel, it also makes it darker. It takes off the paint that invaribly rubs onto my rifles at the range in the painted rifle racks at our range.

Madkiwi
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
And, whatever you use, always put it on and buff it off with a black rag to prevent all the little fuzzies that seem to stay on the surface when you use a white rag.  [flag]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top