Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]

1: b
2:a, if story is accurate
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I stand alone so often, I am thinking I am unagreeable on anything.....

You guys are 'feeling' (my feminine side) rather emotional over this dog TO ME....

IT is a DOG, not a kid, not a person. A DOG.... You know, the animal that turns around in circles before it lays down. It barks and menaces when strangers come around. Their job. The cop didnt feel like being attacked, so he shot him. Options? MAYBE! Super Evil Blue helmeted cop? NOT HARDLY....Its a dog...

The LIBERAL SCUM press admits 'It was as well trained as a K9' AND to think 'four men cant get bit' is a farce. The BEST one was that the'dog died saving their lives'. GIVE ME A FLIPPIN BREAK! The dog died from barkin up the wrong tree!

Life happens move on....OR call in the hyphenated shrinks......

GROW UP AMERICA...or should we ban cops? ban bullets? ban warrants? ban dogs? Arent dogs outside in a fence cruel? if the dog was family why wasnt his ass inside?

I am FAR from PRO COP here, but I am PRO LOGIC, and if a dog IGNORES my refusal to be afraid,  and continues to menace and threatens attack where I believe I am in danger, I will shoot his ass too....

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
C'mon Cav Vet -
if a dog IGNORES my refusal to be afraid, and continues to menace and threatens attack where I believe I am in danger, I will shoot his ass too....
View Quote

Wouldn't it have been better for the LEO to reflect on just what he was doing that brought him into harm's way, and how he could extricate himself with the least amount of trouble?

Shooting the dog is an unnecessary escalation in the violence and most likely would provoke a response that would be just as violent, just to judge from the majority of the dog owners who responded.

Once again, go ask k9dpd (the LEO K-9 handler)
if a dog is just a dog!

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1. B
2. B Hell, I give him a medal!

The only good dog is a dead dog!

[IMG]http://www.contrabandent.com/pez/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

Does the word "Dickhead" have any meaning to you. You should answer to that name! Shoot any of my dogs, you will have a .30 cal hole in your pumpkin. Raise a hand against any of my dogs, I will kick your sorry ass all over creation. Dogs show loyalty like no person ever could. I know without doubt, my dogs would give thier lives for me as would I for them.[-!-]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I am NOT saying people dont get attached to dogs. I had ONE from age 3 to 16, and another ONE from age 25 to 32 I was very close to both BUT.......

They are dogs....ALL should be grateful it wasnt a human.

Again, the dog was NOT 'saving their lives' as sensationalized......

And Eric, 'reflection' is not a simple task when being aggressed by an ANIMAL-something with will, and teeth, but no logic or understanding. Barking IS a precursor to attack.

BAD COP-NO DONUT....BAD COP-SENSITIVITY TRAINING! BS...Good shot, no rabie shots!

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
A

B:  The Deputies were acting in good faith.  Someone on the intelligence end did not do their homework.  It was a very unfortunate incident,  a SH*T Sandwich if you will, but I do not blame the individual officers.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Beekeeper:
You are right, I missed the yard being fenced in. Immediate control, however, means being on a run, a chain, or under voice command of the owner who is physically present.
Yes, many folks "get away" with letting the dog run loose in a fenced yard, but I don't believe it meets the definition of immediate control. Check your local dog regs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
When you read these posts, just keep thinking to yourself -

[size=3][b]Wrong House! Wrong House! Wrong House![/b][/size=3]

Which means whatever the homeowner did with respect to 'letting the dog loose, within a fenced yard' is o.k., and whatever the LEOs did was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Eric The(AndActionableAtLaw)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
HUMAN=MISTAKE........

TO ERR IS HUMAN......

I am sorry, as many times as I have been pulled over for DWB(driving while black), as many people as I know that have been F'ed over by cops, as many cases of just BAD cops as I know of....

I STILL think..its just a dog, and shi^ (read life) happens....
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#10]
b.
a.

I support emergency personnel every day. I talk with alot of LEO every day. Like any profession there are stupid ones and ones with common sense, thank god the dumb ones dont last very long, or they get promoted to keep them off the street. The officers blew it big time if everything in the report is accurate. All five got the wrong address. The dog was behind a fence, so the officers were not in any immediate danger. Now if the dog jumped the fence to attack, that is another story. All dogs bark at strangers, especially uniformed strangers. If the LEO were not adequately trained by their departments about being in uniform and encountering a dog then the department is run by retards. The local sherrif and police have training on that because it is going to happen frequently. If they knew what they were doing they would have called animal control for the warrant, oh I FORGOT they had the wrong house. All five should not be on the street with guns. They should at the most be a non sworn community service officer without a firearm.

Dan
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
 B and a strong "A"  To damn many stupid cops running around being gun happy. Shoot my dog within a fenced yard for barking and I will fill your dumb ass full of lead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
1.)A
2.)A
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#14]
B.   BTW, LEO [b]are[/b] civillian.  Let's not start this crap again.
A.

Quoted:
Most places require that loose dogs be under the immediate control of the owner. This one obviously wasn't.
View Quote

This dog [b]was[/b] under control.  He was in a fenced in yard, that the officers entered.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I think Mr. Brown has said all that needs to be said on the subject....

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=33268#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HUMAN=MISTAKE........

TO ERR IS HUMAN......

I am sorry, as many times as I have been pulled over for DWB(driving while black

I STILL think..its just a dog, and shi^ (read life) happens....
View Quote

In some parts of the country they'll still shoot ya for DWB and still think it's just a...... and Shit Happens.  So some attitudes here and in the other world have a way to go.  So don't cast stones to early.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#17]
B.

A.   IF it happened EXACTLY as reported. Dont forget the media is nothing more then a Joke who routinley screws up the facts. You should add another option to the poll, such as 'Not enough information"
    If you were not there, you should not be judging someones actions, case closed. And if you believe everything the media says, thats pretty sad.  One last thing, I have three dogs, who i love very much, and if a civilian tried to kill one, i would shoot them. But if the cops come to my house, whether they have a reason or not and shoot my dog, if you think i am STUPID enough to pull a gun on a cop who was afraid of a DOG enough to shoot it you are simply nuts. Even if you did shoot him first, you will spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE IN JAIL. I would much rather take the legal route. And sue the crap out of them. Its easy to say "I would kill that fu**ing cop right on the spot"  Talk is cheap, i think your brain will kick in when the time comes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#18]
A)
A)
I do have a problem with some members instant willingness to pool all "cops" together.  There is two apparent problems with this news article (assuming it is factual).  One...someone picked the wrong house.  It was most likely one person responsible for that, as warrants are not normally written by a group.  It is paramount that this be dealt with by the officer's admin.  Two...the killing of the dog may or may not be justified.  Assume for a minute that an officer truly felt threatened.  I have a problem with one person's statement about how the officer could have felt threatened since the dog wasn't biting him.  Do you wait to be shot before being threatened by a firearm?  It is possible that lesser force should have been attempted first.  I just want to make it clear that bad mouthing an entire proffession because of individuals actions is unfair.  I think sometimes people forget about the good officers (deputies, in my case), who strive to maintain professionalism.  You would not see mistakes like this in my agency.  If you did, you would see someone who is unemployed.  Sorry about the long response.
Quoted:
I want to shine a light on the great divide that I think is developing in this country, between the LEO and the civilian populations.

Please read this article posted by Imbroglio, [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=33031#lastPost[/url] and then come back and answer these two questions:

1) Are you:
a) LEO
b} civilian

2) Do you:
a) condemn the officer's actions.
b) defend the officer's actions.

I'd like to keep the replies limited to simply answering the questions until we get a good mix of LEOs and civies replying. However, if you do feel the need to qualify answers or flame me, have at it.

Edited to add url. oops! [:)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
a. leo
would have to hear all facts to make decision, but based on what i heard so far, would condemn officer's actions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#20]
It's been a while, But I'll Bite.
Cop
I am sick over this
First off, Who's gonna do something so stupid over a BS warrant like this.  I'm not gonna even get into weather or not they should have been there, But the poor Pup was just doing her job.  Its HER yard, and it's HER family, All she was doing was protecting what was HER's.  As far as some yahoo sneeking in my yard and even THINKING about putting a beed on one of my "kids" God himself be with that poor shmuck, Because Brother Officer or not, His a$$ is so mine.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's been a while, But I'll Bite.
Cop
I am sick over this
First off, Who's gonna do something so stupid over a BS warrant like this.  I'm not gonna even get into weather or not they should have been there, But the poor Pup was just doing her job.  Its HER yard, and it's HER family, All she was doing was protecting what was HER's.  As far as some yahoo sneeking in my yard and even THINKING about putting a beed on one of my "kids" God himself be with that poor shmuck, Because Brother Officer or not, His a$$ is so mine.  
View Quote

That's the kind of reaction I wanted to see from the cops on here. You give me a small glimmer of hope that all is not lost. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, I'm not following your request and I did not read every post, but I had to point this out. I have heard many cops refer to the citizens they protect as "civilians".

Police officers ARE civilians.

CS
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top