Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2001 8:17:46 AM EDT
6.5-'06

I think this has potential in a Garand.  I would appreciate any load data anyone would be willing to post and any thoughts on having a Garand chambered for this round.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Respectfully, I wouldn't be soliciting loading data from who knows who on the net.  There are other, reliable, sources for this stuff, and you have no way of knowing if the individual who gives you his "pet" load knows beans about the subject.  Or worse, is one of the lurking 14-year-olds who'd think it funny to get someone to blow up a Garand.
MTCW
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point. I should have stated that I was looking for DATA from Nosler, Hornaday, Speer, etc... and where to purchase those books. None of my reloading books have any info on the 6.5-'06.  

Edited for fat fingers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you make sure to check your sources info and cross reference it with other sources the net is just fine.   Just make sure the load doesn't look all that different in velocity and weight than other listed loads for that caliber.  Some of the best loads I have, came from the internet.  I reload for about 15 or 20 different calibers; but not the 6.5-06, sorry.

guns762
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope this helps:
[url]http://www.loadyourown.com/loaddata/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the Nosler or Hornady website themselves. They post load data for all of their slugs and updates for new cartridges and powders.

Remember to use the data that corresponds to the bullet choice. All of these manufacturers use slightly different specs and dimensions. Hornady slugs tend to be on the thick side, which is one reason that I tend to use their products.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
6.5-'06

I think this has potential in a Garand.  I would appreciate any load data anyone would be willing to post and any thoughts on having a Garand chambered for this round.
View Quote

There is load data at: www.accuratereloading.com
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info.!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The Sierra Rifle Handbook also has loading data for the 6.5-06.  

Keep in mind this is for a bolt gun and won’t always work well in a Garand.  The light loads may not function the rifle while the heavy loads, while safe, may bend your operating rod.

I suspect getting a 6.5MM Garand barrel is going to be involved.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top