Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2001 6:59:56 PM EDT
Anybody know if Royal Robins pants are any good, and if so what color looks the best.

I've got a friend trying to talk me into ordering some but never seeing them before makes me wonder how good they are.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I am wearing a pair right now.  They are made in the United Arab Emirates.  They are pretty good, but there is no way I would pay more than 40.00 for them.  A few too many pockets, and I'd like to have a zippered security pocket instead of a couple of them.

I've taken one spill on asphalt with my bicycle, and the knees held up that time.

Mobility seems good although they don't seem to have a crotch gusset.

I dunno about color.  I ordered two black and a navy blue from Botach, and got three black.  Verflixt.  What I'd really like is a tobacco brown, tan or sage, but no dice.  

If you are going to be around water, remember they are 100% cotton.  I am going to try doping one pair with water repellent in hopes of increasing life.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2001 3:02:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if you'd consider it a recommendation or not, but this is the brand the FBI sometimes wears when doing training, crime scenes, and such. Tan with cargo pockets - don't know the exact model. Not talking about SWAT or HRT, of course
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am wearing a pair right now.  They are made in the United Arab Emirates.  They are pretty good, but there is no way I would pay more than 40.00 for them.  A few too many pockets, and I'd like to have a zippered security pocket instead of a couple of them.

I've taken one spill on asphalt with my bicycle, and the knees held up that time.

Mobility seems good although they don't seem to have a crotch gusset.

I dunno about color.  I ordered two black and a navy blue from Botach, and got three black.  Verflixt.  What I'd really like is a tobacco brown, tan or sage, but no dice.  

If you are going to be around water, remember they are 100% cotton.  I am going to try doping one pair with water repellent in hopes of increasing life.  

View Quote

Ustulina,

How does their sizing work?

If I wear a 34 waist in Levi's and Wranglers, will I be safe with their 34?

Jay
Arizona  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top