Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 11:09:23 PM EDT
Knew it would'nt last, My LEO scrape....

52 in a 35. 4 blocks from the Outback to my hotel. I am evil-on-the-road....
$109.00    I am no longer fit to moderate on AR15.com......sniff
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch...might want to invest in a OR FOP sticker or what have you on your car (as much as you'd grit your teeth in the process).  Then again, 50% over the speed limit is probably asking for a ticket [:\]
Not fit to moderate?  I'd hope you would reconsider.  But if not, I'll gladly take over for you [:D].

(P.S.) - see my post on the "Guard" I just recently made, to make sure I haven't gone crazy.

Jew~
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are the least bit interested in fighting the citation, may I suggest [url]www.motorists.org[/url]

I don't know how much good they will do you, sounds as if you are on the road.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Lew, last time I got stopped, it was 84 in a 45 zone. That wasnt the problem, I WAS ON POST!!
Got to learn to BS your way out of it.
I got off with a "Please keep out of it guy".
Whew...
Eric
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Lew

I am very disappointed in you. You are a role model for many of us youngins, you are suppose to set the example.

Six
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#5]
$109 is pretty good.  Oregon's bail rates are pretty high!  You'll probably be eligable for diversion with a record like that though.  I've been through 2 driving diversions because my tickets were in different counties ;)  As for your being a moderator, I figure its a little like being a Marine Sgt: if you're not out raising a little hell, you're not fit to lead us.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I was on the way to pick up my fiance from Charlotte, N.C.
Just signed out on leave about an hour before at Bragg and was in high spirits considering I was going to get married...
Was doing over 70 in a 55 zone and might just have gotten off if it wasn't for my foot being draped out of the window of my Cutlass. LEO says, "Most people drive over the speed limit on this stretch of highway, but most of them have both feet inside the car....."
Been pretty lucky, that was seven years ago.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ouch...might want to invest in a OR FOP sticker Jew~
View Quote

Jewbroni, don't bother giving money to the FOP. They are an anti-RKBA organisation, and are very pushy on the phone if you don't re-up your "membership" right on time every year. Besides, cops, in my experience, just ignore the sticker when pulling people over, as they see it as a subtle form of attempted bribery...

College of Hard Knox talking here....drive safely, wear seat belts, obey speed limits- that's how to "beat the system".
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Those 'orginizations' that collect money for the cops are sometimes bogus-our local cops published a notice in the paper-the have NEVER received any money from one of these orgs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Well...  Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]
That aint bad here in Vegas is hilarious.  They have bail and an adminstration fee.  I almost asked the cop if I don't pay the administration fee could he not give me the ticket.[:D]
[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#11]
You have got to learn to BS them. I once talked the cop into a warning ticket that way, I don't know how fast I was going on my bike,the speedo only goes to 80. So he wrote it up at  85 in a 55!
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Jewbroni, don't bother giving money to the FOP. They are an anti-RKBA organisation, and are very pushy on the phone if you don't re-up your "membership" right on time every year. Besides, cops, in my experience, just ignore the sticker when pulling people over, as they see it as a subtle form of attempted bribery...

College of Hard Knox talking here....drive safely, wear seat belts, obey speed limits- that's how to "beat the system".
View Quote

As far as the sticker goes, I have one on my car - but that's simply b/c it's the only real "charity", if you will, that I give to yearly.  The sticker I suppose is just a perk, and yes I have heard they overlook it.  But they are anti-RKBA?  No shit, when did this happen?  I know a lot of these guys are the lobbyist-types, and as an LEO you're either with them or you're not...I had no idea THEY of all people were anti's.  Thanks for the headsup, I'll remember to take a razor blade with me the next time I'm putting up stickers in my car.

My experience, so far, has been that honesty, a clean record, and good deeds have gotten me out of crap.  Twice I've been pulled over for (barely) running a red light.  I haven't had a ticket in 4 years, I was driving THE speed limit through the light (hard to stop going downhill on that damned light), and I mentioned I was a 1st class Boy Scout and volunteer member of the Girl Scouts (don't quite remember how those came into conversation now...at the time I'm sure I just found an open spot and weasled them in there).  Both times, the officer/trooper paused very briefly, and gave me the "Have a Nice Night".  A combination of my record, the fact that I wasn't speeding, and "personal virtue", I suppose, probably helped me out.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#13]
"But they are anti-RKBA?"

Didn't they back Clinton on both his elections? They also backed the 1994 "crime bill".
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Unfortunately your are right on all points about the FOP. They send stickers with the mailings asking for donations. I ignore them. FOP on the national level is a labor organization and its leadership are anti gun. On local levels its still pretty much a social/charitable organization. Our lodge gives most of its budget to charities and nearly all members are pro gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Screw the "get out of jail free" stickers.  Join the National Motorists Association and fight to have all speed limits become "suggested speed limits" only so revenue agents can't set up speed traps.  52 in a 35 is not a big deal, most of the roads in my town are 30, 25, and yes, even 20mph.  All it means is everyone is speeding, all the time.  Such an obvious sham, I am continually stunned at how accepting of it everyone seems to be.  

It costs them money if you fight it, Lew.  Do you feel you were driving recklessly, endangering others or doing anything imprudent?
Or do you feel you were taken advantage of?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to know what happened "13 years ago?"
[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
LEW, FWIW if your going to go,go big.Last year son and I were heading to a match in central Pa. Came over a hill and met a trooper who said, "Buddy I`m going to tell you now if I don`t write you I may as well pack it infor the day"(it was 6:00 AM) no chance of even thinking of trying to talk my way out of it.Earlier this month got another one going to the same range,hence the name given to me by a couple of people. NORACER
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had no idea THEY of all people were anti's.  Thanks for the headsup, I'll remember to take a razor blade with me the next time I'm putting up stickers in my car.~
View Quote

It's the leadership, mostly, but do yourself and the world a favor- take the money you were going to give to FOP and give it to a gun rights organisation instead- you'll be doing the world a tremendous favor.

And tell the obnoxious telemarketer from FOP (nicely) why they will never see a dime from you again, and don't listen to his spin control- it's hilarious- "but- we want to make America a safer place"- "we don't infringe on anybody's rights"- and yes (drum roll...) "We're only doing it for the CHIIIIILDREN!" :^)

>RETCH<

and I mentioned I was a (snip) volunteer member of the Girl Scouts
Jewbroni~
View Quote

Say what? Hey- you volunteered to be a Girl Scout? How did that happen? :^) Damn- and I thought this stuff only happened in Newton, Massachusetts :^)
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lew, last time I got stopped, it was 84 in a 45 zone. That wasnt the problem, I WAS ON POST!!
Got to learn to BS your way out of it.
I got off with a "Please keep out of it guy".
Whew...
Eric
View Quote

LOL....got pulled over on Parris Island one time blasting down the back causeway.  It's gravel and I was running 65.....posted for 30 apparently.  He just asked me what the speed limit was and I replied "55?".  It didnt hurt that when he asked where I worked I could say weapons battalion.  Even cops gotta qualify.  Oh yeah, I carry a badge and still cant get out of tickets, so why would a sticker do anyone any good?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
and I mentioned I was a (snip) volunteer member of the Girl Scouts
Jewbroni~
View Quote

Say what? Hey- you volunteered to be a Girl Scout? How did that happen? :^) Damn- and I thought this stuff only happened in Newton, Massachusetts :^)
View Quote

Eh, well it's a long story...basically in order to HELP the G.S. you have to BE on, so I joined up as an adult volunteer.  Me and my ex- used to do stuff with the little un's every occasional weekend, outings/camps and such.  Besides, I love getting cookies...

...and don't even think about turning that around on me, you sick bastards.
[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top