Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2001 9:56:29 PM EDT
I've got an M4gery with the removable handle. Holosight should be here Friday or Monday. Any suggestions on Mounting? Carry handle? Flat top? Any other suggestions about this scope?

Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Mount it on the flattop, not on the handle.  I had one mounted on my SBR A2's handle, and it just sits ridiculously high.  When I have the funds, the upper will be switched out in favor of a flat top for the Holosight.  With a flip-up A2 sight on the back just in case.

Saleen
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Mount it directly to the flat top upper with the built in weaver style mount.  No spacers or risers are needed.  The center MOA dot will be positioned at or near the top of the front sight post.  I like the GG&G MAD for the rear back up sight.  
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=94092&a=8407525&p=26832656[/img]
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Smart move mount it on the flat top. You'll love the sight.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Do they make the 2x optical for the new style holosight? I know they did for the old one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my first generation model, the one you have should really be great.

Mine is mounted on my AR10-A4 flattop. Fantastic sight.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I forgot to mention...keep a spare battery in the stock if you can. The battery lasts a long time, but when it goes, it goes without warning.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/14/2001 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if I needed risers, but evidently not. I read alot before I bought this sight. I've been standing by the mailbox for 2 days.... do you thing the mailman is getting nervous?  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top