Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 12:31:22 PM EDT
First hello everybody.

Hmm my first weapon will be a AR15 or Desert Eagle 357mag.

But I would like to know which brand I should take if I'm going to buy an AR15. At the shooting range they told me I should buy Olympic Arms. The AR15 has to be black, so no bushmaster.

Some opinions please.

Greetz

Psy
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard alot of bad things about Olympic Arms,....Bushmaster, Colt, or Armalite are generally considered to be the best. I've also heard some good things about Rock River Arms, but never really saw one.

And Bushmaster's finnish is Manganese Phosphate, as per military spec.
Definitely go with Bushmaster, you wont be sorry
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You will get all kinds of answers to your question.  I say get nothing but ArmaLite.  Others will say whatever their favorite brand is.  It all depends on who you ask and who you listen to.  I think you will find that most people do not recommend a postban Colt.  My understanding is that their quality has gone down.  I could be wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top