Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 11:01:14 PM EDT
I subscribed via E-mail on 5/24/01 and my account was debited $28.95 on 5/31/01...

It has been almost a month, and I've gotten NOTHING from them yet.

I've E-mailed customer service, and got NO reply...

Anybody know how long it takes 'till they start to show up in my mailbox ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question. I subscribed about the same time you did and have yet to get my first issue.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
After a while you'll forget you even ordered it. About one week after that, your first one will show up. about 6 days later, your second one will get to your mailbox.

At least that's how it worked for me. My girl got it for me for Christmas, and I think I got my first one in late Feb or so.
It also shows up at the news stand a few days before it gets to our house. Kinda backwards if you ask me...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
They aren't exactly known for reliable delivery. Sometimes a month goes by and all of a sudden you find 3 issues in your mailbox. They will eventually come, just not when you expect them to.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I subscribed at a fun show and didn't see my first issue until 3 months later. Their record keeping is so screwed up I started getting 2 copies of every issue and even got
a month for free.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
It took 2 months for me to get my first one, & that was after 2 or 3 emails to them asking WTF.
Haven't missed a beat since, though, but it hasn't been a year yet, either.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
dragracerart,

It's a good thing your account was debited.  I subscribed online several months ago via their website.  I waited about 2 months, and never heard a word.  I sent them an email, and they said that they had no record of the subscription.  I looked into my account, and it didn't get debited.  I tried it again the next day via their website.  Still nothing.  LOL

Wifey just left to go to the store as I was reading this thread, so I ran outside and told her not to come home without a Shotgun News or a Gun List!  She always comes through.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I waited about 3 months for mine and then cancelled. I can get them at the local Walmart that my son works at on a more dependable schedule.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep.  Wifey came through again.  SGN, dated June 25th, placed in front of me a few minutes ago.  I guess I'll keep her a while longer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Cancel SGN and order THE GUN LIST. Gun List is
indexed and a lot faster and easier to read.
SGN still thinks they are the only rag in town.
You will enjoy Gun List more and you will get
more for your money.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
HANGFIRE where can you subscribe to the gun list at. I also order SGN and about three months later I found out the mail man was stealing it. So I had it canalled I can also get it at Wal-mart near me. Hell I get it the day after there printed I only live about 45 mins away from Peoria where they are made.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I think my mailman borrows mine for a few days before it gets delivered.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I just E-mailed them again today...
Thats my 2nd E-mail...

I'll give them a few days to respond.
I'll start calling them on the phone soon...

It's pretty much too late to cancel my subscription, They've already got my $28.95...

Guess I'll just have to be patient...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I subscribed at a fun show and didn't see my first issue until 3 months later. Their record keeping is so screwed up I started getting 2 copies of every issue and even got
a month for free.
View Quote

I've seen lots of 10/22's and .38's advertised in SGN...[:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I just statted subscribing also. It took almost a month for my first issue to arrive.

I'm gonna also subscribe to The Gun List. Probably should have subscribes there first. There are more personal ads in the Gun List, isn't there?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#17]
It took my subscription one full month to kick in before I saw my first issue.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Gun List has great ads for guns for sale by individuals.  They also have a very complete gun show schedule in the back.  Some of my favorite places (like AIM) advertize more in Gun List.  GL also takes forever for a subscription to start.  With either SGN or GL do not let your subscription run out or you will be without for months.  I subscrubed to both because the nearest place in commie-controlled Maryland with either publication was a 30 minute drive away.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Paid for my subscription at the NRA Convention in Charlotte. Never got my SGN and they never had a record of my subscription. I gave up. I just buy them at the book store.

Rocketman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top