Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2001 4:53:32 PM EDT
I posted this in Build it yourself, but that place looks dead.

I am contemplating buying a McMillan Tactical Stock to swap my Tikka All Weather 7MM Mag into. Any thoughts on this? Right now I am hitting about 3/4 MOA on good no flinch days and I'd hate to lose that accuracy. I love the look and the feel of the McMillan stocks but wanted to hear what you guys think about taking a proven rifle and reseating it. Or should I just start saving to buy a turnkey McMillan or Dakota Longbow tactical rifle ($3K+???)in .300 Win Mag? Is swaping out barrels and actions something a scrub like me should try or should I take it to a smith?
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your rifle bedded? With the McMillan you will have to and it should tighten up the groups, how much though is anyones guess.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It is all in the bedding. I have owned synthetics from a number of companies and my choice is McMillan. The M40A1 is my alltime favorite. I just built one up bedding it in Marine-Tex & it goes back in at 65 inch/lbs and group size/POI is unchanged. If you are not experienced with bedding, either practice on cheaper rifles/stocks or have a pro do it. It CAN get ugly... been there/done that!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a free floating barrel. Here is a link - mine is the All Weather Master
http://www.sako.fi/tikka/fr-rifles.html
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple of McMillans and I really Like them.
Have a nice day,   Rabon

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top