Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 3:58:39 PM EDT
Had a really good day today.

Started this morning by going to a rental house while the owner inspected the inside (after proper notification) as the renter was being evicted for non payment (for 4 months). While standing around watching the running commentary between the two I ran a warrant check on the renter.

He was a local fugitive come to find out.  Took him into custody. Drugs.

About 1300 hrs a bank robbery occurred. The suspect ran around the bank to the rear of a post office next door and got into a Caddy and drove away.

The postal workers shot at him...NOT!!

But they did get his tag number and called it in. As the broadcast was given out a traffic unit responded he was behind the car, about 1/2 mile away. About 4 cars responded to assit that unit and a felony traffic stop was initiated and the suspect was taken into custody without incident. I arrived about 30 seconds too late to assist (durn it). They were cuffing him when I arrived. As we say he was cuffed and stuffed.

Then about 1430 hrs I was four blocks from a shots fired call with a gunshot victim in a house. Was right behind the beat car in arriving on the scene.

Hang on to this one guys, it is a near heart breaker.

Three kids found their grandfathers .38 revolver and the oldest discharged one round, hitting both of the younger kids (12, 10 and 9 yrs of age).

Thank God the injuries were minor. The youngest had a furrow across the palm of his left hand from the bullet and the next oldest had a clean through and through wound to his right forearm. The bullet passed under the bones.
Both could have been killed by that one bullet.

The "shooter" was in shock - I tended to him, and the grandfather was hysterical.
I guess I would be, too.

I will have say trigger lock might have prevented the whole thing, if the revolver could not be locked up.

To end the day I finally got a car assigned to me. Been since 1995.

A interesting day to say the least.

We didn't kick in any doors, or intimidate any women or act like JBT's, as far as I know, just protected the citizens and rendered aid when needed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a really eventful day.
Be safe....
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
after all that I feel safer in the Big City right Waverunner[;)][;)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Job well done!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
b.t.w. all trigger locks don't work. they may still have discharged the gun even with it on the gun[:(]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
A pat on the back for Blue!

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Definatly a good days work.  Good Job!
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there a better job anywhere? Not as far as I'm concerned. Tomorrow you get to do it all over again. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A pat on the back for Blue!

Stay safe.
View Quote

I appreciate the Kudo's, but it definitely was not all me. The guys/girls that apprehended the bank robber deserve the credit, hell, I really did not make it to the show on that one.

I wonder if I had posted with a title like "I almost shot somebody", or "Bank Robber Captured" would more people have looked at it?

I dunno, maybe it has been a long day (0530 hrs this morning) and I am just tired.

I guess I wanted some of you guys to see it is done right sometimes if not most of the time.

Good night all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a great day, especially when you return home safely. Great that the kids did not get any more injured than they did.

Interesting your post office must be the only one in the US without guns  [rolleyes]  

Sorry, I just had to say it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top