Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 3:38:07 PM EDT
they're  randomlypulling over taxi cabs, making the customers get out empty their pockets and show ID, where are you going? where did you come from? We see this stanley utility knife why do you have that? "Im a janitor" do you have ID that shows you are a janitor?

They also earlier got a .357 revolver off one guy (not from a cab) which was stolen from the oakland pd. cop empties the cylinder, "you see that? Hollowpoints, they're made to go through police vests"

You all can have your broadway and wall street, I'm staying the hell away.

"send me to hell or new york city it'd be about the same to me"
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Since it's "for the children", I guess I must approve.  Anything for perceived safety.  [whacko][whacko][whacko][pissed][pissed][pissed]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I for one am glad to see ordinary subjects being  questioned and detained.
May I suggest a nightstick officer ?
when will they learn that big brother knows best and just submit to anything they want.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I should scratch NYC from my list of places to visit? Whatever happened to the saying "New York, New York, the city so nice, they named it twice"? Or the city that never sleeps?
View Quote

Nah...NYC isn't bad at all, tourism is at an all time high over here.

Randomly pulling over taxi cabs? Are you telling us the whole story here? I know for a fact that there has been a major problem in NYC with cabbies getting killed recently by their customers...I believe it was a gang-initiation thing. Trust me, the cabbies don't mind when we do taxi checks on them.  The customers don't like it?  Ride the subway (you'd be surprised at how many undercover cops are working there), or take the bus...it's cheaper too.

"hollowpoints made to go through police vests"???, what show is this by the way?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Randomly pulling over taxi cabs? Are you telling us the whole story here? I know for a fact that there has been a major problem in NYC with cabbies getting killed recently by their customers...I believe it was a gang-initiation thing. Trust me, the cabbies don't mind when we do taxi checks on them.  The customers don't like it?  Ride the subway (you'd be surprised at how many undercover cops are working there), or take the bus...it's cheaper too.

"hollowpoints made to go through police vests"???, what show is this by the way?
View Quote

Hey I forgot you were up there, you might even know these guys then. this was on cops the fox show just being played on WB there probably is more to the story but they showed just what I described. the guy pulling the cabs over was plainclothes, kinda thick and I think he had an italian last name that all I can remember.
I guess if people KNOW that they are willingly giving up 4th ammendment right when they get in a cab then hmmm....The guy that said hollowpoints were for piercing vests was another plainclothes he looked like a complete scumbag sorta like a beastie boy with a goatee n mange all over his face and greasy black hair.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey I forgot you were up there, you might even know these guys then. this was on cops the fox show just being played on WB there probably is more to the story but they showed just what I described. the guy pulling the cabs over was plainclothes, kinda thick and I think he had an italian last name that all I can remember.
I guess if people KNOW that they are willingly giving up 4th ammendment right when they get in a cab then hmmm....The guy that said hollowpoints were for piercing vests was another plainclothes he looked like a complete scumbag sorta like a beastie boy with a goatee n mange all over his face and greasy black hair.

View Quote

You just described every plainclothes guy I know!!! If they were all clean cut and goodlooking (like me...yeah right) they would be "made" in a NY minute.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You just described every plainclothes guy I know!!! If they were all clean cut and goodlooking (like me...yeah right) they would be "made" in a NY minute.  
View Quote

shit everone can see you undercover cops a mile away. it's the ones that get caught are to dumb to run[BD]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
shit everone can see you undercover cops a mile away. it's the ones that get caught are to dumb to run[BD]
View Quote

That's why I don't even bother with that, but you'd be surprised. That lowlife scumbag looking character may actually be "on the job",
the originality of some of the disguises I've seen never cease to amaze me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top