Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2001 8:55:34 AM EDT
The funniest television conservative star.

A sad day.[:(]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, he wasn't conservative in real life. That weenie rob "meathead" reiner described him as being politically 180 degrees from Archie Bunker.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's not forget John Lee Hooker. Died in his sleep peacefully at the age of 87.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The funniest television conservative star.
View Quote

BZZZZZZZT!!!  I'm sorry!  That's the wrong answer.

Carroll O'Conner was a raving liberal.  He did the Archie Bunker character thinking it would expose and ridicule the ignorant, right-wing, racist, bigot, conservative.... (ahem).

Anyway, [i]conservative[/i] he was not.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
He was as left wing as they come.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#5]
At least, when O'Connor's kid shot & killed himself over drugs, O'Connor had the sense to blame the drugs, not the gun.

Beyond that, he was more like meathead than Archie.  That was an amazing show.  It took the intelligent opinion & wrapped it up in the persona of a bigoted boob.  Then it took the liberal whiner moron's viewpoint and dressed it up in a "college student" pseudo-intellect.

Norman Lear & the "People for the American Way".  Most mis-named group ever.  Amazing

Norm
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
R.I.P. Archie....
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Norm G.
you've said it perfectly.

Beyond that, he was more like meathead than Archie. That was an amazing show. It took the intelligent opinion & wrapped it up in the persona of a bigoted boob. Then it took the liberal whiner moron's viewpoint and dressed it up in a "college student" pseudo-intellect.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked him for his acting skills. I could NEVER portray a flaming liberal like he steriotyped a right wing thinker.
Like Norman Lear and Rob Riner, Carrol O'Connor was a flaming lib.
RIP
Eric
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Chris Rock is probibally more conservitave, and IMO THE funniest comedian (except for maybe Sam Kinnison) I've ever seen.
Eric
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's not forget John Lee Hooker. Died in his sleep peacefully at the age of 87.

Kuiper
View Quote

Amen, brother.  The family of blues lost a good one.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Those were the days..
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Kuiper
View Quote

[img]www.virginrecords.com/hooker/images/cover.gif[/img]

Yup, lets not forget Mr.Hooker......my all time favorite bluesman. R.I.P. John, you'll be missed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top