Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/19/2001 3:39:21 PM EDT
Hey guys! It looks as though I will be getting a yamaha TT250 dirtbike and I was wondering if anyone else has one. If so, what are your feelings about it? Pros and cons. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:47:11 PM EDT
Just let me state up front that in general I love Yamaha dirt machines. The TTR250 is a good trail riding bike. I don't know your skill level or how hard you are going to push it, you may notice that it has the power to get the job done but is not a racer. all in all a fun and dependable machine. I had to leave my Yamaha roots this year and go for one of the baddest 4 strokes around an Honda XR650R. Now that machine rips.......
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:47:46 PM EDT
I never rode a new TT250, but I worked at a Yamaha dealership in the mid 80's when the TT600 first came out. A little on the heavy side, but that damn thing had so much low end torque you could wheelie it through all the gears at about 2,000 RPM. I am sure the new ones are much lighter and quite a bit better than the 80's version.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 3:57:40 PM EDT
just got myself one of those suzuki drz400s. that things rips on/offroad. has the frame geometry of my Rm250 except being a 4 stroke it kinda hits like a pussy. got the thing brand new 2 months ago and put only 140 miles on it. got it up for sale now. decided i need a car instead of a bike. the old work truck is dying. -jay
Top Top