Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 11:04:52 PM EDT
i cant wait, if you havent had the opportunity or desire to scuba dive, i highly recommend it.  i was scared of the ocean untill i got down below and have been hooked for a few years now.  see ya next week! (unless i become shark poop)
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#2]
da dun  da dun dun dun dun man in the gray suit
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Scuba diving was one of the single coolest things I've ever done.

Its like being in another world - one you DON'T control. You are just a visitor.

Very cool.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
dk - depends on how sensitive you are to cold - in hawaii a shortie was fine.  here in so cal a skin and 6-7 aren't enough for me!  i'm whimp!

too bad i ears got scewred up - i love to dive.

steve
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
ilove2shoot, i have all my own gear.  going to catalina island, a 2 day liveaboard.  but out here i have 5 dives at lake pleasant and 3 at saguaro.  saguaro made me ill every time and kinda sucked but i just like going under, pleasant on teh other hand was great, bass and bluegill everywhere, good vis and if anything, a great warmup for the ocean.  lots of lures too if your sick of spending 5 dollars for lures that only catch rocks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Pompey

What Boat are you going out on?
I have been on most of them for 2/3/4/5 day trips,
Got out to Cortez banks on a 4 day lobster trip! "yum" Got lots of Bugs that trip[:D][0j]
I like the Encore the best.
The Sand Dollar is a good boat also.
I dove The HMS Yukon a month ago.out of San Diego "Mission Bay" on the Lois Anne.

Have Fun and Dive Safe

[img]http://dugdog.deadbbs.com/images/playerphotos/spd-dog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW   go here to find the  boats and trips available.
[url]http://www.californiadiveboats.com/[/url]

ICQ me If you guys want to get a trip together.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#11]
YOU BASTARDS!!  ::hopping up and down::

I've been wanting to go diving/snorkeling in Belize for, like, [i]ever[/i]...  ::sigh::

I grew up swimming anywhere I could find a deep enough puddle... ::grin::...actually have scar tissue in both ears from chronic ear infections at a young age.  My step-dad used to dive for abalone and would always throw his tanks out in the creek for me so I could stay under longer... freaked my mom out pretty bad, though.

Really fell in love with snorkeling in Maui, though, in 1990.  

Course now I have a line on a 15 acre piece of property... going to have to put all of that on hold for the next couple years while I build my dream farm.... ::big sigh::  

Have fun, y'all!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
DK
I picked up my gear a little at a time'
I have been certed since 90
Got a deal on the suit, its a military DUI suit that had never been worn and was sitting in its bag since 94,  got it for 700.00 on Ebay
Once you go dry? you will never get back into a wet snot again![:P]
Its like divin in your PJ's

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top