Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 1:01:23 PM EDT
The Lifetime channel is having a gun control debate tonight at 8:00pm. The paper said they will have both of their points of view. I don't know if it is a debate or not. It will be interseting to see how this Lifetime puts it's spin on it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Spin is the right word. I'll bet it will be a giant work of creative editing that will make everything pro-gun look bad. These programs, just like the news media, always through in their little backhanded comments and the same old anti-gun lies at the end of each debate. They never explain or prove their stats, they just keep repeating them until they become fact.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Lifetime is the channel that shows programs catered to women, a lot of feminist BS. Hmmmmm,I wonder which side of the debate they'll be on? Oh yeah, this is gonna be a real hatchet job, those with high blood pressure are advised to avoid or your head will explode.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the "PMS Network" at my house.  The wife hates it whenever I say that, so I mention it at every opportunity.  

I no longer bother to watch such "debates.'  Same old tripe.  Waste of my time.

Eddie
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
From them...

Gun Deadlock
60 min.
Director Lee Grant presents an unbiased look at the gun-control debate in this documentary, in which gun-rights advocates and foes share the spotlight.
Among them: Suzanna Gratia Hupp, a Texas state representative who feels she might have saved her parents from a gunman in 1991 had she been legally permitted to carry a firearm; and Catherine Murphy, a cop who, after the accidental shooting death of her 11-year-old son, championed a measure requiring New York City gun buyers to purchase trigger locks. Million Mom March representative Rosie O'Donnell and NRA president Charlton Heston also comment.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
So, did anyone see the program?  What was the outcome?
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw everthing but the first 5 minutes. I was surprised that Lifetime(although biased) presented both sides. Heston made rosie look stupid. BTW it wasn't a debate. Two seperate interviews.
Rosie starts out by talking about her statement about Columbine.
"All guns should be confiscated and the owners put in jail."

Then she talked about how the NRA lied to us about our right to bear arms, saying it applies to the national guard. And people should not be able to have guns. blah, blah, etc.

Her final statement is "All we what it registration, training classes, and permits."

She kept changing her story. I was so mad I couldn't go to sleep.

An empty white room, a baseball bat, and that fatass. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
lifetime television for feminazi's u notice that in almost all the movies theres almost always a  a man beating his wife. or the man in the movie is really sensative and girly they neevr show the average guy. just the sterotyped wife beater or the guy with no balls any way i bet the show sucked
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
An empty white room, a baseball bat, and that fatass. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
View Quote

I hear green rooms are better for that sort of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top