Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Vegas sounds good - I go there once a year anyway.  Otherwise, Reno would be a good second.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
We tried this once before and everyone bitched that it wasn't in their "backyard"
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe it would be a good idea to have in attendance representatives of the humanitarian UN.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Oklahoma and I know how hard it is to fly in and out of here to anywhere let alone get a good deal on one of the few planes forced to land here. Unless the majority of people are going to drive, I don't think this is a good option.  I love Oklahoma, but it isn't a convenient air travel destination.

Nobody has airfare and hotel packages like Las Vegas.  Just check out Expedia.com , or LVRS.com and you can see how cheap it is to fly and stay in Las Vegas.  Plus there is a variety of options available for everyone's taste and budget.  You can stay at a really nice place for $400.00 & up per night, or somewhere else for $50.00 per night.  

As far as providing food and drink, I don't think it is necessary for the convention to feed all of the attendees.  There are plenty of places to eat and drink at little, or no cost.  Don't get bogged down with the details, finding a place that will host a bunch of gun toting citizens will be hard enough.

Food for thought:  Air travel with NFA weapons.
I surely don't want to check it and I can't take it on the plane.  Therefore I will leave it at home and look at your stuff.......if it makes it to the show in 1 piece. I don't have time to drive to Vegas.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the only way to organize this is to call a travel agent that can arrange discount for airfare and hotel. That travel agent can then make all the reservations to qualify for the discount. Then look for a hotel to hold the venue in, should be the same hotel people are staying at. Then contact some gun mfg. and accessories to see if they are will to be a vendor at the show and/or sponsor.
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, been chewing this over at work.
You guys are thinking along the same lines.
I believe if this is a Web Meet Only, it will be a failure. There is not enough traffic on the web to sustain a firearm community business.
I`ve heard those words from  more than a few.
It is essential to include everyone.
No free BBQ. Have some Hot Dog Cart Girls serving links and charging.
Sell sponsorships and table space for vendors.
Make it a mini gunshow/meet/shoot/1/2 day classes at a very good price/
I still would like to contact some paint ball org to see if they will rent, lease, lend some equipment for a paintgun war.
LT if you want to start looking for a travel agent to host this, that would be a great. I will start looking for a venue.
We need ideas to attract people, a mini gunshow will not be enough to attract people from out of state.
When is that xxx convention at Vegas? [:)]
Maybe someone who is a good sales man can start working the sponsor portion, when we have some concrete plans.
This needs to be kept somewhat cheap to attend, say 50.00 max, more like 20.00.
Proceeds to go to various web sites and GOA. If there is any.
Would the hot dog girls be a better idea or a bbq?
I was contacted by someone who volunteered his time to teach some type of weapon classes, thats a thought
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top