Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 5:47:20 PM EDT
Had my 35th  Birthday on Saturday. [<]:)] Everyone knowing my appreciation of firearms I received a gift certificate for 1,000 dollars from my wife, Parents and friends.   [:D]   Here is the question what should I get and why. I have a 44 magnum Ruger Red Hawk a Berreta 92  9mm a 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun and two AR 15’s. The AR’s are one post-ban kit gun with a PWA lower and heavy Wilson Target barrel 20” the other a pre-ban Colt Sporter with a 20”. Thinking of getting a AR 10 or FAL some come on guys give me some ideas. Thanks   [:\]
Craiger

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are a few that I like [:D]
[img]http://www.remingtonle.com/images/rifle/700pltr.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.davidsonsinc.com/dealers/prod_images/ma9106-5.jpg[/img]
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Armalite 180 would be something to look at. Or how about a Dillon RL550B reloader and acc. to feed those you already have?
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
FAL has got to be the best rifle chambered in .308 IMO. Of course I've never shot an AR-10 but...
Mags and parts are ALOT cheaper for an FAL. Plus, it's alway's nice to add a piece of firearms history to your collection.

I say go FAL.

I've yet to let somebody shoot it who doesn't like it, even though it's Century made.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
O3Shoter I did not even consider the reloader that is a very good idea. I have never reloaded but have read about guys sharing recipes on loads. How hard is it to re-load? I do enjoy feeding the Kids          [uzi]        
How much $$$ can a guy save reloading if you shoot 300 or four hundred rounds a month? Thanks for the idea.
It seems the FAL is the weapon of choice I figure if I get another rifle it should be in .308 but that is not set in stone. This is probably stupid, cannot see a real good use for but really think is cool .50 AE  semi auto pistol or a Tromix .458 socom upper.
Craiger
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Some suggestions -

In .308 -

1. DSA FAL STG 58 (at $800, you gotta see it to believe it.)
2. M1A Double lug receiver and build up from there.

In .223 -

1. LEGP AR15
2. Preban lower amd build up from there.
3. Armalite AR180B

Others -

1. CMP M1 Garand (at $550, NOTHING else even comes close.)
2. Oly Arms pistol caliber uppers - 9mm or 40 S&W with a Trijicon reflex II.. PURE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I can thing of right now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top