Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 10:10:58 AM EDT
I was going to pick up two 550 round 22lr fun packs, having heard at pistol fun night how good and cheap they were for pistol use.
I get to the cashier and put them on the counter.
She rings them up. A beep, then the handgun question pops up. She hits yes, then the age, and she hits yes. I asked what would happen if she hit no for the handgun question, and she said it would not let me buy it if it was not for a handgun, so she always hits yes .
How cool. I hope everyone who works there has been told the same, wally's marketing people must think everyone in this area uses pistols.
What if they also sell the data to marketing firms.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, Ya got it backwards.  Big Wally will NOT sell it to you if it is to be used in a pistol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dude, Ya got it backwards.  Big Wally will NOT sell it to you if it is to be used in a pistol.
View Quote

This is incorrect...They ask because of the age requirements on purchasing pistol and rifle ammo are different. For pistol ammo the legal age is 21, for rifle/shotgun ammo the legal age is 18. That way, they ask and hit the little button and it tells the cashier to check for a different age and they don't mistakenly break the law and sell handgun ammo to someone who is underage. I have never had a problem buying handgun ammo from WalMart. Before I started reloading I went there to pick up 9mm ammo if I was out and needed some in a hurry. It is quite a bit more expensive than some places, but it is convenient.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
there soppused to ask its da law  

21 for pistol ammo
18 for rifle ammo

if it can be used in both a pistol or a rifle
and u say its gonna be used in a rifle they will sell it to you

of course most places dont bother atleast the wally world near me

i get them 100 rouns boxes of winchecter range ammo for like 12 bucks
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
wally world cracks me up,though i did get a young lady behind the counter to go shooting with me.
she had never been and worked in the sporting goods dept.
she wanted to learn about weapons cause that was her job.
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
don't tell mrs boxer
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, now I've got you boxer![;)]

BMB  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top