Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2001 7:54:26 AM EDT
I have heard guys on this site put down Mass for making us get FIDs in order to by ammo and any Gun.

I was talking to a local Gun shop the other day and he brought up an interesting point.  Since the Bradey bill he has only had 3 yes ONLY 3 denials in the last three YEARS.  So he didn't really see the point of the bill.

He then went to a gun dealers meeting in Nevada and there was a Las Vegas gun dealer cursing out the Bradey bill he had a denial rate of 40%!!!

So it dawned on me that all these States bragging about not needing an FID to buy a rifle are living a lie.  I can go in, show my FID and walk out with a gun.  Many other States have waiting periods.

So the bottom line is that no FIDs is simply a false sense of security since you have to pass nics anyway.  If you couldn't get an FID in Mass you could buy a gun even if you lived in another States because you would fail NICs.

***This is just an observation on my part and has nothing to do with believing in either NICs or FIDS****
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
FIDS would be registration.  Forget the NICS.  This would be a whole new government agency with it's sights set on licensing you and your gun, ie: registration.  That is why everybody is against it.  It has nothing to do with passing a background check.  In most states with a CCW you don't even have to do a NICS check.  Remember if you give them an inch they will take a mile.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Soon all CWP's will not be away around the NICS check - They want all to be done via them but, they don't keep a record(ya right)
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah congress told them to destroy that record they don't keep.  I wonder if they did.

Edited for spelling (I may be a moron)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top