Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2001 7:54:26 AM EDT
I have heard guys on this site put down Mass for making us get FIDs in order to by ammo and any Gun. I was talking to a local Gun shop the other day and he brought up an interesting point. Since the Bradey bill he has only had 3 yes ONLY 3 denials in the last three YEARS. So he didn't really see the point of the bill. He then went to a gun dealers meeting in Nevada and there was a Las Vegas gun dealer cursing out the Bradey bill he had a denial rate of 40%!!! So it dawned on me that all these States bragging about not needing an FID to buy a rifle are living a lie. I can go in, show my FID and walk out with a gun. Many other States have waiting periods. So the bottom line is that no FIDs is simply a false sense of security since you have to pass nics anyway. If you couldn't get an FID in Mass you could buy a gun even if you lived in another States because you would fail NICs. ***This is just an observation on my part and has nothing to do with believing in either NICs or FIDS****
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 7:59:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2001 7:57:12 AM EDT by Slave1]
FIDS would be registration. Forget the NICS. This would be a whole new government agency with it's sights set on licensing you and your gun, ie: registration. That is why everybody is against it. It has nothing to do with passing a background check. In most states with a CCW you don't even have to do a NICS check. Remember if you give them an inch they will take a mile. Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:08:08 AM EDT
Soon all CWP's will not be away around the NICS check - They want all to be done via them but, they don't keep a record(ya right)
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 8:22:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2001 8:20:09 AM EDT by Slave1]
Yeah congress told them to destroy that record they don't keep. I wonder if they did. Edited for spelling (I may be a moron)
Top Top