Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Heh...reminds me of the 3-hole punch story at a former employer.

The DAY I started there, someone (female, administrative staff at the consulting company I worked for, which had offices pretty much everywhere, including Europe at the time) sends an email, company-wide, asking if anyone has seen the 3-hole punch she had.

Everyone replied. Not here in California, not here in NY, not here in Boston, not here in Ohio, etc...soon some photoshopped images started showing up. Images of the 3-hole punch in front of the Eiffel tower, etc.

Ahh..back in the day...
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure she knows it's the same duck the whole time.  Or, possibly make a sign (stapled to it's head) that says "Save me!" or something like that, so she doesn't think it's just random pictures you found on the net.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sydney

Ill have a look around for a duck like that eheheh
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Too bad theres no nationally recognizable landmarks in Tucson
If you want me to stick it to a cactus I could however.

Titan Missle silo, Pima Air and Space Museum University of Arizona.

I can be the backup if the other Tucson guy doesnt respond.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]

This has all the trappings of being one of those classic arfcom threads we all love!

The best I could give you is a shot of the duck in (or on, by, next to) lake Eire.

Maybe during one of the local “Polar Plunges” for charity.

ETA: Great prank, good luck…
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep it awhile, send it to Bulletfest!
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Send it to me!
I am at Purdue. . .
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Memphis, TN. I could take a picture of the duck outside the
famous wrought iron gates at Elvis Presley's Graceland Mansion.

Edited to add e-mail sent.

Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The guy on the right is a buddy of mine (dmaas knows him) and he would wrangle a photo shoot of the duck riding the rover.

CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's see...

I could take pictures of the duck at:

Red Rocks
Buffalo Bill's Grave
At the front gate of Lockheed-Martin (maybe - depends on the disposition of the guards )
Casa Bonita (God help me, but I'll take one for the team )
DIA
Some of Denver's seedier neighborhoods (how 'bout the duck picking up a hooker? )

...lots of other possibilities.

When I'm done, I could deliver it to one of the CO. Springs members for a tour down there.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be PCSing to Kunsan AB, South Korea in Feb.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent.  My plan is coming together.  

Right now, the itinerary is as follows:

Next week it should get to Colorado
From there it should go to South Dakota
Hopefully afterward heading to Arizona
ETA: Going to Graceland after AZ
        From there possibly to CA if you guys are game

My only hitch right now is how to get it from member to member.

I should have photos taken next week that would be primo photoshop material.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Wingnut,
if you set the duck's itenerary, I am sure each photo taker will send it to the next
person in line to get the duck.  How much can it cost to ship it? Probably six or seven bucks at most even with insurance.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
prolly gonna be cheaper just to aquire copies locally

if it wasn't so dang ugly, i would buy one tomorrow and get a pix in front of the White House
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
prolly gonna be cheaper just to aquire copies locally

if it wasn't so dang ugly, i would buy one tomorrow and get a pix in front of the White House

Just remember, it can always be dontated to Toys for Tots.  Pull off a prank and do a little good for your community too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#16]
What kind of timeframe are you looking at?

See if you can send to a friend in Iraq and get it's picture taken in Fallujah.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#17]

-Dimensions: 13 in. long, 5 in. wide (body) and 10 in. wide (body + legs)

i'll try & hit L&T on the way downtown
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in from NYC.... I'm sure I can get some good pics from there- I'm bringing the girl there this weekend and I'll look around and see if I can aquire said duck and get some pics... in front of ground zero.... the empire state building.... times square.... with some hookers..... any other places???

-Roth
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#19]
target aquired:

www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1855058

Linens 'n Things
Moshi Shapes & Animals Pillows

So deliciously soft, sleek and indescribably silky, these fun and colorful MOSHI Pillows boast stretchable spandex covers filled with therapeutic micro beads designed to simply melt stress away. Guaranteed to be a favorite for the whole family, you better get one for everyone!
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#20]
What are you, like 12?

I would only do this if you guys liked her and were actually friends with her.  Then it would be hilarious.

Otherwise, you're just being a dick, IMO.

Mean people suck, and stuff.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
thar she blows!
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#22]
hey..... another thought- mabye while I'm in NYC.... I can get together with wave and we can do some police pics too!
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I think you should turn it into a Trailer Trash Duck. Glue a wig on it and add curlers to it. Add far too much eye liner around the eyes and bright red lipstick. Glue on a grungy looking housecoat and slippers. Glue a cigarette from it's mouth amd a beer can to the wings. etc. etc. etc.

Then give it back to her. Watch the fireworks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]
How about the INDY 500 Speedway?
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Indy 500, unique idea.  By all means, e-mail your info and I will put you on the list.  Hopefully everything will go well and Ducky will be on the road Monday.  Have about 6 people on the list right now and if all goes well, I may have a couple of these things bouncing around the world.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I may have found one locally. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. If so, I'll snap a couple of picks of Bucky Badger holding it, one in the back of a rescue and whatever else comes to mind, than post here for someone else to send it to.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh... more advice... make sure the photos are as high-res as possible, so there's no doubt that they're legit.  You also might not want other people's faces in the pic.  Maybe send a black OJ-syle glove, and whoever takes a picture while holding it, has to wear the glove... like the mask of a hostage taker.
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#29]
In front of the Sydney Opera House

Sydney Harbour Bridge in background

teehee

I hope i can find one here
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Need to get one to Sgtar for his doll action figure pics.

CW
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I'm in Finland and I have digicam :) [email protected]

Glad if I can help.

Best.

Petri
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

CW

Its a Monster and Sarges strike team has to take it down
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#33]
WAY coooool,

Got up this AM and looks like duck's a'travelin'.  Hope the duck likes Cape Canaveral and  Ron Jons - email inbound.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

DUCKZILLA!!!

CW
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:09:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

DUCKZILLA!!!

CW

Will Sarges crew and the Evil forvies of Camp Mangina have to team up to take it down?
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#36]
If anyone hasn't offered ill show the duck around LA

the famous places..
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 3:03:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If anyone hasn't offered ill show the duck around LA

the famous places..

Yeah, take it to the Wild Goose.

CW
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Well it wasn't on page one so: poke tannerite in it's pooper, fire and post pics.

ETA: Ya know, women are generally smarter than men, what if she decides to go to Linens and things and just buy another duck?
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Wingnut116ACW,

If you send the duck to me, I'll take pics of it in Baghdad (the Green Zone/International Zone).

Just so you know, this will put the duck out of circulation for a month at least since it takes a couple of weeks each way for packages. I would need to receive the duck by the end of this month since I am heading home in January, so it would need to be mailed in the next few days.

I sent you an e-mail meesage at The WanderingDuck Hotmail address.

Regards,
Chris
Baghdad
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll see if I can accquire one locally and get some pictures in Texas.  Maybe the giant Sam Houston statue or the Alamo.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#41]
This is getting quite interesting.  When this prank is all done and the duck has been returned you will definately have to post and let everyone know how it went, where it went, and her reaction.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#42]
How about the US embassy in Moscow? IM me if it sounds good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#44]
You need to take it up to the 285 to 85 ramp at spaghetti junction and perch it on the wall for a quick pic and maybe perhaps stone mountian. Be nice to find someone up around Niagra falls who could snap a pic at the rivers edge with said duck and a barrel....
also some pics of the duck around buckhead on a friday night in various places maybe even face down in an alley puddle or pool of vomit.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Might be able to get pics of it by a B52 or maybe a static Minuteman III.

Come to think of it, they've got a few inert bomb displays. Maybe i coudl find a little duck sized had and get a ride em cowboy shot, ala Dr. Strangelove.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Ship it out this way, we can take it to the firehouse and put it in turnout gear, have it rappell off of things, whatever it is I'm in
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I want to draw this out for as long as possible and eventually return the duck to this girl.  Blowing it up may be an option at the end of the tour of duty depending on how bitchy she gets.

I know it is a bit juvenile, but its funny.

Would anyone be willing to recieve it, take pictures of it with local landmarks and e-mail pics back and send it on?

I would be willing, I love this kind of stuff.  I could even drive to the state line and get both a welcome to GA and welcome to AL shot in front of the sign, if you wish.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#48]
You could make a webpage with a world map on it showing the ducks travels and adventures.  I see a passport made for the duck as well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Unfortunately, I, too, know some women that match the description given of the duck's owner.

However, I do not feel that it is appropriate to steal.

My personal suggestion would be to send the duck back to its owner yesterday, if not sooner, and ask her forgiveness for stealing it.

Link Posted: 12/9/2004 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll see if I can get one of these ducks and send it on a tour of DC.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top