Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2001 9:03:52 AM EDT
Marylanders Have Little to Celebrate During Brady Gala U.S. Newswire 14 Jun 15:09 Marylanders Have Little to Celebrate During the Jim and Sarah Brady National Tribute Gala To: National Desk Contact: Wayne Ericksen, P.E., 410-964-7928, or Ed Patrick and Philip Lee, PhD. all of Maryland Citizens Defense League COLUMBIA, Md., June 14 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The following was released today by the Maryland Citizens Defense League: Celebrated gun control supporters from across the nation gather in Washington today for a National Tribute Gala to honor Jim and Sarah Brady, but Marylanders have little to celebrate. Although, Sarah Brady and national anti-gun organizations have given Maryland the only "A" rating for gun control, recent FBI Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) show Maryland has had the highest robbery rate in the nation for the FIFTH consecutive year. As a national test bed for the gun control experiments of policy makers, Maryland has some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation. Yet inspection of the last FBI UCR (released 10/15/00) shows Maryland number 4 in violent crime, number 4 in murder, and keeps America's top robbery rate (held since 1995), giving Marylanders dubious distinction as "America's most robbed." While Baltimore City currently touts reductions in crime, it failed to even report in the 1999 FBI UCR. In a typical year, 75 percent of eligible Ohio municipalities report, while 75 percent of eligible Maryland municipalities do not. Maryland's politicians are more than willing to impose social experiments in gun control, but have lost all credibility and accountability in reporting crime. MCDL asserts that methods available for "victim prevention" in the Free State are at an all-time low because of draconian legislation tying the hands of citizens who would choose to protect themselves. By sponsoring and promoting victim-disarmament in high crime neighborhoods, Maryland's Glendening-Townsend, O'Malley and legislators have created the violent criminal's dream -- a "victim-rich" environment -- and for professional and amateur robbers alike, the safest working conditions in these United States. MCDL recently obtained IRS 501(c)(4) tax exempt, non-profit status. Contributions, gifts, donations, or membership dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes."
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:08:49 AM EDT
I'm sorry if this is ugly, but.... Jim may have gotten shot, but Sarah is the "vegetable." That's just how I feel.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:21:17 AM EDT
How can anyone implement gun control that is so strict and expext to have a low crime rate? This is really stupid.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:03:56 PM EDT
All I have to say is: [img]web-comm.com/ar15/sara3.jpg[/img] Brought to you by: [url]McUZI.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:17:38 PM EDT
With any luck, Sarah Brady will cast off this mortal coil sometime very soon. Lung cancer is eating her up. Ol' Jim is just a chess piece nowadays. They roll him out in front of all the bleeding hearts and the dollars just pour in. Bill Gates sends money to HCI, btw. Kinda makes me want to reconsider how much I use Microsoft products.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:12:38 PM EDT
BWAAAAHHHHH!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 6:41:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2001 6:39:39 PM EDT by madmedic]
Originally Posted By RBAD: All I have to say is: [img]web-comm.com/ar15/sara3.jpg[/img] Brought to you by: [url]McUZI.com[/url]
View Quote
Ummm....Which one is the REAL Sarah Brady?
Top Top