Posted: 6/14/2001 9:15:45 AM EDT
Do or die I guess..........

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/586014.asp?pne=msn#BODY[/url]

or his homepage at

[url]www.rocketguy.com[/url]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez, that's got "bad idea" written all over it. Oh well, whatever floats his boat.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Uh, IDIOT.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, this guy is going to kill himself for sure if he doesn't get more advice from people who know what they are doing. Unless this whole thing is a hoax. His initial rocket design shows that he knows absolutely nothing about how to design a stable rocket. Clearly he isn't using a gimbaling engine and gyroscope system to keep the thing nose-up, but he put fins on the FRONT of the rocket instead of the BACK. Plus he originally planned to launch off a short mobile launcher instead of a long tower where he could get his speed up.

I learned way more by trial and error with Estes models than this guy knows. And he thinks he's going to distill concentrated hydrogen peroxide and successfully fly 30 miles up into space?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I personally applaud him. I would bet a lot of the same things were said about the Wright Brothers. He is a prime example of what made (past tense) America Great. He is taking on a task, that nobody thinks is possible. I hope he gets it done.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
What Aviator said...

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to see this guy succeed. That would show the government a thing or two! But there is, or until recently was, a very glaring discrepancy between what he's been doing and what needs to be done. Sounds like he's getting some help now, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top