Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 3:44:44 AM EDT
This ammo is said to have more penetration,expansion,and accuracy than the black talon. It says samson on the box. Supposedly it was made for the Isreali police. The bullets look the same as the black talon,only the IMI isn't black. I plan on using this for defensive ammo in my Browing Hi Power whenever I get it. Anyone have any experiance with this ammo?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna get it and try it out. I'm sure it's better than hydro shok.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't tried it, but I'm curious too. Please give us an update when you get your Hi Power.

As my carry gun, I keep my Hi Power loaded with Speer GoldDots, 124 gr. 17+1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot 127gr +P+ Win Ranger SXT Law enforcement ammo (Winchesters +p+ black Talon replacement) in my glocks. Great reliable expansion and flat shooting at 1250fps and deep penetration. Also shoots through bullet proof vests; police departments across the country are upgrading their vests specifically because of this round.

Compared to the 1500fps +P+ Hirtenberger I used to shoot the Ranger SXT recoil is fairly mild.
At $ 13.00 per box of 50 there is no better-priced high performance 9mm ammo IMOHO.

THISISME  
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
How about $ 12.00 per 50rds on Sale for the Win Ranger SXT +P+ Law Enforcement Amoo in the Law Enforcement Packaging?

I have seen this same stuff go for $ 50.00+ per box on some of the auction sites.

[url]http://www.botachtactical.com/winranra9.html[/url]

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I forgot a little something in my last post.

On your first order you need to fax a copy of your license and a letter stating you are of legal age and that there are no city, state, county or federal laws that prevent you from purchasing ammunition.

Then you have to call in your order. After your first order is complete you can order direct from the web site.

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
ffl or drivers license?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Drivers license of course. No ffl required for ammo purchases and yes they do sell this ammo to civilians for now because Winchester had a major overrun. When this ammo is sold off they may not sell Ranger SXT Law Enforcement ammo to civilians anymore and this ammo could turn out to be a great investment. Not to mention that it is arguably the best 9mm ammo made and at bargain prices.

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The ONLY problem with this round is the weight.  If only it were a mid-weight (124gr) bullet, it would be perfect.
-Troy
View Quote

Thanks for the powder info. I don't reload but that's probably good info for those that do. I have some 20rd. boxes of Win. Black Talon 9mm that have the "silver" case. It is 147gr. I never thought about the weight. I just got it cause I knew they were about to ban it. Thanks for the website THISISME. Does the Black Talon with the silver case have a higher price(for no ballistic reasons of course) than the Ranger ammo?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top