Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2001 4:17:07 PM EDT
Anybody else notice that all the Taco Bell and Pepsi Tomb Raider promo stuff is completely void of firearms? Taco Bell cups, the window stickers, soda display stand-ups, commercials, everything. The theatrical trailers on TV show guns (like a Steyr TMP). I know Pepsi( owners of Taco Bell) is a major anti-gun corp, but how lame and PC!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
EEWWW Taco Smell.  I would eat someplace else....  btw, I worked there for a while when I was in high shool.... not exactly health food.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, somebody in a chat room the other night pointed this out.

When you notice it you really kinda laugh your ass off and then you realize how stupid it is.

If they abhor violence so much then why the hell don't they just refuse all that promotional advertising?   I mean really?  That movie has got to have a lot of gratuitous violence in it, if their standards are so high with respects to guns in society and going out of their way to not show them even in a tiny little television ad then why don't they just refuse the damned money in the first place?

hmmmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not Taco Bell per se, it's Big Mama Pepsi, HCI contributor, taking the popular stance-just not concerned enough to sponser a movie without guns...Geez, guys, show some commitment to your cause...[rolleyes]

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Silly.I mean,Lara Croft is an explorer,not to mention she explores these cursed,and hazardous locations,of course she MUST pack serious heat.I mean,I always pack my M4 for my "nature walks" in an area which I only have seen squirrels and hawks,and some deer.I'm glad to see Lara packing serious hardware,after all,an expedition is highly reliant on equipment,and weaponry is no exeption.You guys are right,why would they endorse this movie,with all it's gun goodness.Money,that's why.ANYTHING you can cash in on,that's why.Doh!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Laura Croft herself was on Jay Leno last night and she kind of let it slip that she liked her guns!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
ARDOC, I saw that the other night too.  I didn't think it was last night but I did see it, they were talking about her action figure right?   And that's where Angelina Jolie was kinda enthusiastic about the weaponry the doll had.

It was interesting to hear how she was talking about what she'd think the ideal life would be, her and Billy Bob would get a trailer and live out in the woods some place.   Man, where was this backwoods mountain girl when I was out shooting squirrels in the foothills?  She seems kinda kinky too, which makes me think all the more that she is definitely some kind of backwoods mountain girl hillbilly.   Not to mention she's married to a guy named "Billy Bob."

I wonder if she's got any like minded sisters?   I could really go for some of that!

For years I've had impure thoughts about how some Daisy Duke type gal in cutoffs and a baby-T shirt tied together just above the navel would come down out of the hills to find me poaching squirrels on her family's land and then take it upon herself to punish me.

I've already said too much.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Uglygun, exactly!  she was playing with the little Steyr(I think) the action figure had! She does seem kinda kinky. Real funny when she looked under the dolls clothes to see if it was actually lifelike and said she's wearing a bra! A tough chick too, got to respect that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the girl definitely has something goin on.   Good looks and she seems to be about 100% kink, the dialogue between Leno and her suggested she has a fairly agressive sex drive.

There's a rumor floating around that she liked her HK USP Tacticals so much that she went out and bought herself a set just like she had in the movies.

Her and Billy Bob seem like they'd be gun folk.

If they turned out to be as cool as they seem man wouldn't it be cool to get a few celebs out there like Angelina, Billy Bob, and Ted Nugent as members of the forum?   That would liven up the place a bit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a guy that's good friends with Billy Bob.  From what I hear he's a really cool guy.  That would be neat is some famous people dropped us a visit from time to time.  If Heather Kozar would just respond to my emails....

ques
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What are my chances of putting my gun in her holster?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Geez, now I know why I drink Jack and Coke and not Jack and Pepsi.  Same with Coors, I heard some time back that they were big anit-supporters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It is kind of funny that her hands moves under recoil but there is nothing there.  In addition, they are help marketing a movie that has scenes that would make an anti have a heart attack.  I hope they do.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Matthew S:
Same with Coors, I heard some time back that they were big anit-supporters.
View Quote

I saw an article on Coors in one of the firearms industry trade magazines(I don't remember which), and Coors was pretty hostile to the firearms industry.  I haven't drank Coors since then. F'em.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I knew I loved Budweiser for a reason.

Six
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Although the advertising lack some firearms, it more than made up for it with some breast shots.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:36:31 AM EDT
[#16]
lol, i don't know about the guns, but, if eating taco bell would give me a chance to meet Angela Jolie, hmmmm...

now, that would be some fantasy!

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Blade,

I'd rather be eatin' something else rather than taco bell if ya know what I mean...

M.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top