[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good choices.  I wonder how long they will keep their sanity. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your service, gentlemen, and your Nomex and body armor are in the mail.........
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Great. Pretty soon I'll be the only one who isn't a moderator, and I'll be getting nibbled to death by ducks every time I post. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Garandman, now that you are omnipotent, can you do something about the cover charge at church. It`s getting out of hand.[;)]

WEll, if you quit worshipping at the "Church of the Empty Glass"......

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great. Pretty soon I'll be the only one who isn't a moderator, and I'll be getting nibbled to death by ducks every time I post. [:)]
View Quote

[:(]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Goat,
I noticed you don't have a mod in the optics forum (Not that you really ever need one), but I know more than the average bear when it comes to optics.  Could I volunteer to be a mod?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
AAAHHHHH,

More cannon fodder.
Y'all come down to the Comp board for a break, it's nice and quiet.

Lew[smash]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the trenches........ammo on the right, chow on the left. Sleep whereever you see fit.

Dont ever walk on trails, dont kick can's. Orange pills once a week, white's daily daily.

--------------

Welcome aboard guys
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations Guys !

Since Paul already beat us to the NSFJojo pic, here's one for Garandman.

Feel free to clobber us, just be fair.   [;)]

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/bible.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Well,
I just have to say

[ Edited By GARANDMAN on 6/14/2001 1:52:42 AM ]

Dang - what am I doing awake at that time of day??? Now, where'd I leave my padlock???? [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Alrighty! (Iiiiiii...just wanna moderaaaate) Great choices, Goatboy, (let Juggernaut moderate the slings and accessories forum) I'd recommend them for mods (Juggernaut for Moderator in '01) anywhere. Glad they're along for the ride(let Juggernaut moderate too, or send my Galil back). I'm sure they'll be fair and balanced, just like Fox(let Juggernaut moderate too) News. Not to drop any hints(make me a Moderator), but are you considering any other positions(ahem)?

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Congratulations Guys !

Since Paul already beat us to the NSFJojo pic, here's one for Garandman.

Feel free to clobber us, just be fair.   [;)]

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/bible.gif[/img]
View Quote

Oh, GREAAAAATTTT!!!!!!  A McUzi wannabe!!

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Gee! Two more sheriffs in the city of OK Coral. When is the shooting start?  [:)]

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Moderators are chosen from amongst those who have proven to be common visitors to the forums, patient, and open minded. And when we can't find that, we grab the meanest SOB around.
View Quote

I guess I may be the minority in this one and I [i]am[/i] curious to see how things play out but my first reaction to garandman becoming a moderator was to flee.  He and I have cracked heads more than a few times.  His presentation is abrasive, [i]at best[/i].  

I just get the feeling this is an overreaction to the release of psych patients from AK47 and is, in part, due to garandman's incessant whining about more stringent moderation on this board.

I would have preferred to have Anti back... [:(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Hi, Miss Magnum....
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I would have preferred to have Anti back... [:(]
View Quote

Oooooh: That's gotta hurt !!!!

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Garandman has edited two posts on this thread alone. Harbringer of things to come.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t know Paul but he looks the mellow type and that’s fine with me. I for one am glad to see Garandman as a moderator.

GoatBoy, it looks to me like it’s taking more than a few guys to do Anti’s job. Others may say what they want about AntiUSSA but he kept the board clean and tidy. At times he was a one-man army and it attracted attention to him and alas the result was his downfall.

THISISME
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#28]
So has all the moderators decided who gets the graveyard shift?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Garandman has edited two posts on this thread alone. Harbringer of things to come.
View Quote

Actually, an indication that garandman is a newbie Mod who hasn't quite got the hang of things yet.

BOTH TIMES, I meant to "Reply" NOT to "Edit."

My sincere apologies to the original posters. (and to Miss Magnum, in another thread)

Rich -

I surprised to see you think I'm REALLY "that" way. Oh well - I guess nows my chance to show you guys EXACTLY what I believe about "enforcing my morality on others." Which quite simple is, that I WILL NOT do that.

The ONLY thing I will enforce are the rules as shown in the CODE OF CONDUCT thread.

Et tu, Brutus(Rich)?????  [:(]

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
MUST... MAKE... JUGGER... MODERA... MUST... MAKE...

Heehee, so you guys are using this as a political platform to further your own careers, eh???

Moderators are chosen from amongst those who have proven to be common visitors to the forums, patient, and open minded. And when we can't find that, we grab the meanest SOB around. Begging does not help... well maybe a little...

-- GB

Topic will now stand on its own merits. Once again, welcome.
View Quote

I gotcha. I'll just beg later when the subject comes up again! [;)] Seriously, I understand that garandman's and Paul's long and honorable records as fair and mature posters serve to make them eligible for moderator positions. I'm glad they're going to be here for us, and hope that I may attain such good standing here likewise. Of course, that's all up to me. Just keep me in mind...

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Good luck Paul and Garandman!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
More like a Clintonist mentality......

....[size=4][b]"putting more cops on the street"[/size=4][/b]

When Ed Jr was managing this board, he was basically a hands off kinda guy but because he was so consistent in his admin policies, we never did have a lot of stuff like we have nowadays.

When I first posted on this board, there was only Diverdown, Don R and AntiUSSA who moderated this forum (of the three, only Anti was very active). Eventhough there was considerable leeway on the discussion, "most" of the threads never did need any moderating due to responsible postings by the members which was the result of Ed Jr.'s leaving us alone. Trusting us to behave like ladies and gentlemen.

Now we have 6 moderators on this forum alone to "improve response time to unwanted posts", net nannies who will see to it that we do not push the envelope.

I have nothing to gain by pissing omnipotent moderators but I feel that I need to point out the fact that we used to be able to get rid of the trolls ourselves simply by ignoring their posts. We used to be able to police our ranks without name-calling and demeaning each other.

Lastly, moderator status should not be just given to someone who email to volunteer his time nor to someone who plays politics just to please the admin.

As I have said, I have nothing against these guys who unselfishly  devote a lot of their time to this site but in what way  have these guys been [i]"chosen from amongst those who have proven to be common visitors to the forums, patient, and open minded"[/i]

No need to explain Ed Sr., I know he probably threatened to cut you off his will.[:D]  Same goes for Don R, it is probably respect for the elderly.[:D]  Treetop is basically there in case someone need a good whack to the head since Ed Sr. is too nice to do it and Don R couldn't do it with a cane on one hand and a pee bag on the other.

Now the rest of you, feel free to unleash your omnipotent powers on me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#34]
In my opinion this moderation stuff is a violation of my rights under the Geneva Convention, the Treaty of Ghent and the Prime Directive.  If you

[Edited By MC UZI on 6/13/2001 10:15:42 PM to remove racial epithets]

ever get a respectable job instead of

[Edited By JUGGERNAUT on 6/13/2001 10:17:42 PM to remove derogatory references to Mall Security]

you'll maybe have a chance to get out and double date some WYMMENZ with Imbrog|io who can show you just how to treat a

[Edited By ARLADY on 6/13/2001 10:18:42 PM to remove excess testosterone]

Just Kidding!!

[red][size=4]PRK
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#35]
So...uh...even things out a bit and make MissMagnum a MOD, too.

Ok, flame on. I can take it.

Coversix
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Garandman a moderator? Boy am I gonna keep this guy busy. Does he know I'm taking my digcam to Hedo3? Well Todd has been successfully neutralized, I guess I do need a NEW target. G'man get that padlock ready cause I'll be back in a couple weeks. Consider yourself warned.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Garandman a moderator? Boy am I gonna keep this guy busy. Does he know I'm taking my digcam to Hedo3? Well Todd has been successfully neutralized, I guess I do need a NEW target. G'man get that padlock ready cause I'll be back in a couple weeks. Consider yourself warned.
View Quote

NOT a PROBLEM !   Just keep coming up with aliases like the rest of us.  [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Riddler, what ever happened to Diverdown?
It seems he just "left" about two years ago???

Good luck new mods..
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Cviper,

I really do not know what happened to the guy. One day, his handle just did not show as a moderator anymore.

and OOoooopppss! there are 7 moderators not 6.

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

AHA!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY a worthy adversary!! [}:D]

Just kidding.

You're cool SteyrAug - I could NEVER moderate anyone who owns a "gas trap." [:D]

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Garandman as one of the GD moderators?!  [:O] Oh, great! There goes the neighborhood!  Sorry...that kinda slipped out.    [:I]  j/k, I think.

I haven't read too many of Paul's posts to have an "opinion" of any sort on him, yet.

Good luck, Paul and garandman.  Sure glad I'm not one of you guys.  [:)]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

- I could NEVER moderate anyone who owns a "gas trap." [:D]
View Quote

We all own gas traps Gman. Look down.
There it is. You're sitting on it.
[moon]
CS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top