Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess that means you wouldn't write their next of kin and tell them that because they volunteered they were expendable.
View Quote

We're all expendable.

I urge go down and join the military
View Quote

Too old and infirm to go back in but I spent my time in the Navy.  I wouldn't have joined the Army on a bet because your uniforms are too damn ugly.

I tell you what I live less distance away from one of the most heavily used impact areas in the world,
View Quote

You made a choice to live there and I'm sure that you have other options.

Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yaworski
I hope you are just trying to be provocative, because if you believe the idiotic BS you are spewing, I feel pity for you.  My whole point about living next to an impact areas is not that it is matter of choice.  it that there are no ill effects.  The only people killed where either in the impact area, illegally, or as the result of accidents.  Since you where in the Navy you should know that the Army aren't on either CVBGs or MEU(SOC)s.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]
At least when it's said our Pres. screwed someone these days, we know they mean it figuratively.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
YAW

Yes the statehood issue is important.  You said that one of the reasons that the training continued there was that they were not represented.  They had a chance to become a state, guarantying them representation  and they choose not to.

Even if they move to a new area that is uninhabited they will still be required to remediate the site.  The EPA is currently interested in UXO from a hazardous waste perceptive.  They are also interested the residue of explosive and metals from the detonation of explosives.  

The point of my previous posts is that this is not a simple issue.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since you where in the Navy you should know that the Army aren't on either CVBGs or MEU(SOC)s.
View Quote

I'm sorry, I lost track of which idiot was yapping at me.  I thought that it was an Army idiot but it seems that it was a Marine idiot.

I wouldn't want the Navy or Air Force dropping bombs a few miles from my house.  All it takes is some jet jock with a hangover and there goes the elementary school.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute I thought "We're all expendable."

What ever idiot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top