Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 7:06:17 PM EDT
UPDATE---

Tonight, 6/14/01, Blood brother Ted will be on with Hannity.  

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,24927,00.html[/url]

Also He's going to be on Howard Stern Friday morning at 8:30am EST debating a "no fir" peta freak.

Tomorrow, 6-13-01, Ted Nugent will be on the Edge with Paula Zahn on the Fox news channel @ 2200EST.  

Also a little interview with Ted to listen to. [url]http://www.broadcast.com/entertainment_and_arts/books_and_literature/interviews/ted_nugent__god__guns___rock__n__roll/[/url]     It is the Nuge at his best.  

If anyone has not read his book, I read it a couple weeks ago and it is awesome.  I recommend it highly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the few good guys out there in the media...
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember him on the vine swinging across the stage. Now he supports the right to keep and bear arms. It's good to see someone from the entertainment industry that will go toe to toe with the anti's.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Jimi Hendrix made fun of 'Nuge for carrying a pistol. F**k that dead hippy!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Nuge was on "polliticaly incorrect"(Bill Mahr is such a dick!)Mahr tried to slam Ted for "murdering por animals". In tru motor city madman fashion,'ol Ted shut him down and put him in his place. Great stuff!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nuge was on "polliticaly incorrect"(Bill Mahr is such a dick!)Mahr tried to slam Ted for "murdering por animals". In tru motor city madman fashion,'ol Ted shut him down and put him in his place. Great stuff!!!
View Quote

Duh! Guess I should use spell check.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

"They did drugs and they are all dead, I went hunting and I am still TED!!!" - Ted Nugent

That says it all, and is my motto.

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good guy, true. But the antis may still see him as the motor city madman?
View Quote

Actually, Ted is the ultimate paradox for the antis.

Someone like me they can easily (but falsely) dismiss as a sexually repressed, religious wackoe, right of the FAR right conservative  who happens to support the Second Amendment (well, THAT part is true)

But Ted doesn't fir into their slanderous stereotype of the "usual gun owner."

Frankly, i'm pretty sure ole Ted drives them absolutely insane!!!!!  Which suits me JUST fine!!!!

"God, Guns and Rock and Roll" is a great read. I'm 2/3 thru it right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I love Uncle Ted!  His Biography on A&E was awesome!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree its a good read.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love Uncle Ted!!!
View Quote

Amen!! Gotta love anyone who goes out and HUNTS the food that God made, and doesn't want to feed his family any of the "poisons" that society feeds the rest of the world!!

DK [:D]

P.S. Not to mention that he is a BADASS guitar player!!  [beer]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Just heard him on Howard Stern,He told Stern"Quit playing that damn piano music or I'm gunna do a double tap on center mass".

He also mentioned he's all for medical marijuana.Said its all natural,comes from the earth doesn't really consider it a drug.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He also mentioned he's all for medical marijuana.Said its all natural,comes from the earth doesn't really consider it a drug.
View Quote

So is strychnine, lead, hemlock, radon and other poisons.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey,I'm neutral on the topic of marijuana,but I do know marijuana's never killed anyone,and it's not a poison.

Have you ever tryed it?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey,I'm neutral on the topic of marijuana,but I do know marijuana's never killed anyone,and it's not a poison.

Have you ever tryed it?
View Quote

I've tried it and don't consider it a real drug either, definately not in the same class as cocaine, meth, speed, lsd, or heroin. You can't overdose from it and at the worst it makes ya lazy and hungry, hardly something to wage war against. The hemp plant itself is one of the earths' greatest gifts to man and one of the most useful. You can make clothes, rope, shelter, food, oils, and you can even smoke it to make ya feel better. If I was going to a deserted island I wold want some hemp seeds. Hell you can even make a boat from it and sail away.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw Ted tear up some anti's on politically incorrect before.  Thats the only time Ill watch that lame show, when Ted's on he kicks ass on every one of the liberals they put on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

[red]All Along the Watchtower[/red]...there were snipers aiming in!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't talk about Hendrix! He was airborne in the Army, served his country, which is more than Ted can say (not that I have anything against Ted). Plus, I'm named after the guy (obviously, my name is Jimi) [@:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw Ted today on a local outdoor sports show. I really like the guy, but have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the skills he demonstrated on the bowling pins and falling plates with his Glock 20 carry gun.

On a side note, how come famos people carry everywhere and don't get busted like us peons would?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard Mr Wang Dang Sweetpoontang, on Howie today. Great stuff, Howie and Ted traded jabs and was funny doing it.
Pot being compared to Radon? Hemlock? Cheese and Rice that is way out there. It would be safe to say that a joint is less harmful to my system than a Coca Cola, or a Snickers bar, or a Ding Dong, etc....
And please leave Jimi Hendrix alone if you dont get off on his music. He did serve with the 101st, Pukin` Buzzard man. Got out with an HD before Nam kicked off. Even Jerry Garcia joined the Army. He didnt do too well and treated it like his life but he tried.
Ted, although never served, in my book is a great Patriot of this nation. And his old music is hard to beat. Stormtroopin just sets me on my ash.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I am now the proud owner of Full Bluntal Nugity. I do not buy CD's because it usually supports some A-hole however; I had a gift certificate that was two years old and this supports the Nuge.  An awesome CD. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Catch his hunting show Spirit Of The Wild on the Outdoor channel. He's a little too spiritual for me sometimes but it's still a good show if you like Ted.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, I am sure.  He was on the last segment at 2250 est. In typical Nugent style, sticking up for us hunters and sportsman.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
[SIZE=6]NUGENT FOR NRA PRESIDENT[/SIZE=6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#26]
BTT for the UPDATE...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#27]
He's going to be on Howard Stern Friday morning at 8:30am EST debating a "no fir" peta freak.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[SIZE=6]NUGENT FOR NRA PRESIDENT[/SIZE=6]
View Quote

Hmmm, might not be a bad idea.  Ol' Charlie is gettin up their in the years, and has already expressed that he's "done his part" as the president, even though flattered that he was reelected again, so he took the job.

Definately a man to consider when our current Pres. leaves the scene.  His "spiritual" aspect of hunting and what not is a big obstacle for anti-gunners targeting the NRA.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Catch his hunting show Spirit Of The Wild on the Outdoor channel. He's a little too spiritual for me sometimes but it's still a good show if you like Ted.
View Quote

I must be the opposite, I like how he brings the "spirit" of the hunt to the chase.  So much more admirable than the typical hunt you see on TNN.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I am with you Ticonderoga, I am not a very religious so person my time spent hunting I the most spiritual time of the year for me.  

And thanks for the reminder of stern tomorrow, I pasted it up to the front.

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Let's bump this up to the top.  Should be a great show to watch.

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top