Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 4:00:24 AM EDT
Wonder who they plan on using them on...
[url]http://washingtontimes.com/national/20010612-12097216.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
now we're even for supplying arms to taiwan.  it's a new cold war.  we could stomp cuba flat in a matter of days.  it's just a big, ugly game: one for me, one for you.
an eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
So here goes 1962 all over again!!!!!!
Cuban Missile Crisis with China!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
America should have never canceled the Platt Amendment.

For those (most people) who don't know what this is, the Platt Amendment was adopted into Cuba's constitution in I believe 1908 following its independence. The Platt Amendment said that if Cuba were to experience an insurgency, revolution, uprising, crisis, etc. the U.S. had the full power to send in troops to quell such problems. In fact, this amendment was used twice. Once due to an uprising of workers and once due to a dispute over Fulgencio Batista's presidency. Generally, the people of Cuba disliked Batista, but the U.S. stepped in and said Batista is the ruler. Following that, the U.S. cancelled the Platt Amendment and Batista stayed. In 1959, he was toppled by a young Fidel Castro (Lawyer, go figure.) Castro claimed to be for Democracy, but quickly became a communist.

If the U.S. had not cancelled the Platt Amendment, we could have stomped out Castro years ago without worrying about how those pinko, Castro loving Bastards in the U.N. think. They have repeatedly condemned the U.S. for its sanctions against Cuba. Yet another reason the U.N. sucks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I am starting to think that we will have to try to take out china. They have been coming about as close as one can to crossing the line as of late. At least in my mind. Yet they are our most favored nation. Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am starting to think that we will have to try to take out china.
View Quote

That won't be possible. Where are the Wally Worlds, Mickey D's going to get those shoes, American flags, cheap trinkets, and sleeping bags, etc?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top