Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 6:01:14 PM EDT
There are quite a few supporters of what he did. In some ways I can understand their point of view, its hard to argue with the fact that OUR gov't murdered at Ruby Ridge and Waco. There is no denying that and I can understand (NOT SUPPORT) his motives in doing what he did, but let me give you the cold hard facts of it.

The reality of it is this, despite what our so called government ever does WE are better than them. We don't murder people, [b]ever[/b] UNDER any circumstances. We cherish life and protect it at all costs, even with force. Bombing a building like a pussy is not protecting life and is nothing more than cold blooded murder. Yes in my eyes it really is that simple, whether you like it or not.  

One more thing, I work in a gov't building. Have I even thought twice about it being blown up by some dipshit psycho?? The answer is no. All McVeigh did was harden the heart against people like us, thanks to this idiot anytime a gunowner speaks out against gov't tyranny he is labeled a potential terrorist. And one more thing to the armchair commandos out there that support what this man did. How many pro gun/pro freedom people did he execute? Chew on that one for a little while. It could have been you in that building, how would you like to wake up tomorrow and be "collateral damage".

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
That bastard did not suffer enough for the heinous crime he commited!! He should have been put to death in a much more painful way.  A public burning would have sufficed.  Someone who kills children and innocent people does not deserve a "peacefull death" by leathal injection.  It is good that hes gone but he should have left in the same violent manner he took all those lives.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
McGone, McDone, McOver,for him anyway not the families of the lost loved ones.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
By what rules of warfare do you operate under?  I'm [b]not[/b] speaking of the McVeigh case here, so nobody misunderstand me here.

[i]"We don't murder people, ever UNDER any circumstances. We cherish life and protect it at all costs, even with force. [/i]

Since when?  We are being slaughtered and we are to stand by idly and simply take it?  Will this be your response when your pregnant wife is slammed up against the wall and loses her baby?  Or when your kid is shot in the back with a shotgun slug as he cowers helpless and defenseless on the floor with his hands clasped behind his head?  Or when you get up to investigate a noise and are brutally murdered in cold blood by some gun wielding jack booted thug carrying a badge who refuse to identify himself and having an itchy trigger finger decides to shoot anything that moves?

I really don't understand your logic.  You're saying you are a pacifist.  What are you doing on this board if you own guns?  Why don't you just give them up and make peace with yourself that you will never rise up in your own defense or that of your family, or your neighbor or your country?

War IS murder by any definition of the word and we are at war buddy, whether you believe it or not.  Our side is being kicked in the teeth everyday and good people are dying each and everyday at the hands of thugs.  Just because the other side may have the majority of force, doesn't make it RIGHT.

Doesn't anybody understand that there are two sets of rules at work here?  One for us that say's we must be law abiding, pacifist furry little creatures who can do nothing to defend ourselves, while the other side tramples our rights, freedoms and liberties with out own blood each and every day?

We DO NOT exist at the whim of the state - the state exists because of the will of the people.  If you want to make yourself a sheep, go ahead, it's your right.  But don't expect the wolves to leave you alone.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
B.B. --

I think 101_proof is saying he WILL use force if absolutely necessary to protect innocent life.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
BowmansBrigade, your without a doubt one of the members I hold in high respect. I'm a big fan of your website and have directed quite a few people towards it. I think you misunderstood me.
Your response was not towards the McVeigh issue and my post WAS. Don't make me into a pussy, if trouble comes knocking on my door, I turn around and rip its fucking head off, but I dont go out and kill its family. If you can understand where  I am coming from.

This is a right and wrong issue. Timmy was wrong, end of story. Do not attack me personally telling me I am a pacifist and should not own guns. Your wrong, way way way wrong.

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
No flame intended.....murder is cold blooded, premeditated and not in defense of self, family or nation.   The legitimate right of self defense is sacred to include carrying the war to your enemy if he either starts it or is an immediate threat.  If your enemy has the intent, ability and opportunity to harm, then he is fair game.  A threatening man with a knife within 7 or so yards, who makes it clear he is a threat, is fair game. A rifleman at 100 yards with the same intent is likewise fair game.  A government like Nazi Germany that is murdering its people is fair game. Our government has the ability and the opportunity to destroy its citizens.  I hope it does not have the intent.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
BowmansBrigade, 101_proof.....I have great respect for both of you.  I think you were actually saying the same thing...just a confusion over semantics.  You would both be welcome at my campfire!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BowmansBrigade, 101_proof.....I have great respect for both of you.  I think you were actually saying the same thing...just a confusion over semantics.  You would both be welcome at my campfire!!!!
View Quote

Heck yeah man, there isnt a member of this board that is not welcome in my home no matter how much I disagree with them. (liberal anti trolls excluded of course.

One point I meant to make to Firepower was that I came damn close to being one of the families. My uncle was one of the Search and Rescue teams from Fairfax, one shift of the building and that was the end. I will remind him tomorrow of what a great man he is to risk his life for people he didnt know beforehand. That kind of stuff is what exceptional men are made of. God bless them all.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, this is a DEAD subject.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]
101_proof:

I'm mature enough to admit that I failed to take something into account here.  You also said,

[i]"We cherish life and [b]protect[/b] it at all costs, even with [b]force.[/b]"[/i] (emphasis mine)

I [b]totally[/b] missed that and I'm sorry.

This seems to contradict the previous sentence:

[i]"We don't murder people, [b]ever[/b] UNDER [b]any[/b] circumstances."[/i] (emphasis mine)

This seemingly contradiction aside, I apologize.

You said your not a pacifist - very good, and I apologize for my comment, it was unwarrented.

I had just gotten back from the McGuckin rally and was musing over the measly turnout and what it signifies to our freedoms.

I do not believe in the taking of innocent life either, but know that our lives (the innocent) are being taken everyday. The double standards that we are all now living under is becoming utterly intolerable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top