Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2001 12:02:37 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a good AR. I have always herd good things about Bushmaster. However I herd they are sliping on Quality recently. Any thoughts on them.

I want a reliable flat top 16" bull that can shoot 1/4" at 100 yards. Wilson Combat has a nice one but I think $1599. is a bit much for a post ban.

So I ask for your help geting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks Bill
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
1/4 MOA huh? A weapon that will do that is probably a DPMS weapon with a bullbarrel sitting attached to the upper.

Material is one thing, the majority rest on marksmanship and good ammo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Get an ArmaLite.  

http://www.armalite.com
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry new guy jiters. I ment 1" MOA. Dam 1/4" what was I typen. DURR DURR.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Although I've never had a problem with my Bushy DCM, I too have heard more and more stories about guns sent in for repair and coming back with no real improvement. It does shoot MOA out of the box, but given the choice to make again, I think I'd go with the Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 4:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got three std 20" Colts and a 16"CAR-Bushy and the only problem I've had with 'em is some "Orlite" surplus mags do not seat in either one of them. Bushy has the rep of not accepting Orlites, but my 3 Colts also have "Orlite-itis" too. My rifles are not tack drivers, but std military versions..but they are as accurate as I can shoot with iron sites..and they DO keep running. Since they are my favorite "Sport-Utility-Rifles" they are for defense and sport, not "competition".
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
My very first AR15, a Colt 'Government Model', would regulary shoot 1/4-inch groups with its favorite handload. My Colt 'Lightweight Sporter', was a 1/2-inch MOA rifle. Both were sandbagged and equipped with a Harris bipod and scoped.

FWIW, I've never had ANY problems with Thermold mags in any AR, be it my Colts, Armalite, DPMS or Bushmaster. I *have* had some MINOR probs with the Orlites in my current Bushmaster. 3 out of 10 mags ordered were VERY tight in the mag well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]
[green][size=6]Armalite![/green][/size=6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top