Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2001 6:41:26 PM EDT
I have a .wav file and would like to cut a CD.  My burner (Adaptec v3.01) doesn't recognize the .wav as a CD format for burning.

Is there software to convert, a new Adaptec version required, or a better option?
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Adaptec 4.0 is out.  It recognizes everything, wav and even mp3, there is no need to convert anything.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The wave file must have CD specs: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo.

Either that, or it might be an MP3 file disguised as a .wav file. I have seen some codecs that encode mp3s to have a .wav extension.

This is how you convert a wave file to 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo.  Open the file in Microsoft Sound Recorder (comes with windows).
File->Properties
Convert Now...
Format: PCM
Attributes: 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo  172 kb/sec

OK

File->Save As...

Type in a file name for the sound file in the new format or just write over the old one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a great shareware program that I use and finally paid for. It's called "MP3 To Wave Converter".

You can convert single MP3's or huge batches at one time. Great program and well worth the $12.00.
[url]http://www.mp3towave.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
www.tucows.com/

Do a search for ReMixer"

It's freeware and converts in both directions.  It will do multiple files by selecting them from a couple of windows.

Hope this helps.

EBS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top